What's new
What's new

Any of you at IMTS last day when they announced the winner of the Romi C420 ??

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
plus $15,000 to go toward paying the taxes on it ! Seems like they would have made a big deal of this in ads and IMTS News emails but I never heard a peep about it later. I mean, this was better than the Okuma contest where they loaned a lathe for two years....this one they actually gave it way, plus money, and yet I never hear anything about it after the fact.

If you didn't know, it was a drawing where you filled out a form and dropped it in the classic rotating barrel, where on Saturday someone would draw out the card of one lucky winner.

I did get a follow up call from a Romi sales guy. I asked when they were going to deliver my free lathe. He did not know who had won at that time - about a week ago.

I did get a follow up call from a Romi sales guy. I asked when they were going to deliver my free lathe. He did not know who had won at that time - about a week ago.
I had a Romi sales call as well...probably as a lead from the card I filled out for the contest...and he knew nothing of it either. Getting more suspect all the time.

Many years ago, I was in a night club where they had $10,000 in prizes! Guaranteed!

Funny thing, the manager won ALL the categories........

Might have involved skill testing question to be answered correctly before claiming prize. How many mm in ft. to the 4th decimal without calculator and in 30 secs.

Might have involved skill testing question to be answered correctly before claiming prize. How many mm in ft. to the 4th decimal without calculator and in 30 secs.
The usual "do not have to be present to win" clause in there. But they were going to draw a name the last day... I presumed in front of a frenzied crowd but they never actually said that. In other words, I have this vision of a loudspeaker or "IMTS TV" announcing soon beforehand there will be the drawing in the Romi booth and a denser than normal crowd surrounding the booth...but it could be they didn't announce it at all and just pulled a card at some point. But the lack of publicity over it after the fact seems highly suspect.

The usual "do not have to be present to win" clause in there. But they were going to draw a name the last day... I presumed in front of a frenzied crowd but they never actually said that. In other words, I have this vision of a loudspeaker or "IMTS TV" announcing soon beforehand there will be the drawing in the Romi booth and a denser than normal crowd surrounding the booth...but it could be they didn't announce it at all and just pulled a card at some point. But the lack of publicity over it after the fact seems highly suspect.

There weren't enough people there saturday afternoon to make a frenzied crowd.

You know when the baby strollers show up that this is not the buying crowd...

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

At IMTS 2012 I entered lots of contests - as I did this year. About a month after the 2012 show I learned I had won $1000 in tooling from Sandvik. It turned out that Sandvik had hired an outside firm to run the contest and that firm took their time notifying the winners. It does make sense to hire an outside firm to help maintain the aura of fairness. I think in Sandvik's case it was in fact fair because I had never before purchased any of their tooling. I ended up with a nice 3" face mill and some inserts.

No, but they appear to be one of the many upper Midwest medical device manufacturers. Specialty is formed wire products for surgical and device application.

Back