What's new
What's new

Anybody using Mitsubishi Magic 64 control on a mill???

ranchak

Cast Iron
The title of the thread pretty much sums up my question. I just bought a used Mighty Viper VMC-950 with a Mitsubishi Magic 64 control. I have a mill with a Fanuc 11M and a lathe with an OT control, I'm starting to think that I may have made a mistake in this purchase. I would like to hear from someone who is using the Mitsubishi control. Do you like it or hate it? I haven't read the manuals, but it does look like there is going to be a learning curve!

I built a waterjet using a Magic 32 (PC based) in 1996, it's still running to this day. I also have a mill with the Mitsu Meldas 50 control. It's a bit different than a Fanuc but still a good control. I like most aspects of the control over a Fanuc, but the best thing is that Mitsu typically includes many features that are expensive options on a Fanuc or not available from Fanuc.

Macro B
128k memory
Tool life management
Circle mill cycles (G12, G13)
Helical interpolation with multi pitch capability.
Corner rounding and chamfering.
Ladder program editing ability.
and so on.

I have to agree with you about the value including with the control. Seems like Fanuc everything is an option. At first looks the control looks awkward to use, but that might be not being familiar with the control.

I ran a Mits back in the late 80s, I thought it was awesome.
Of course I hated it for the first two weeks,but who doesn't.?
the grafics were way ahead of what else I saw.
I remember likeing the snot out of it.
Gw

Back