What's new
What's new

Loading programs for Anilam question

IronReb

Stainless
My company bought a 1999 model Bridgeport milling machine with Anilam controls/servos.I do not have much CNC mill experience but I am learning as I go.Using Anilams conversational programing is OK,but I seem to be using the line by line method for creating the tool path I wont.It works but is terribly slow.Getting my boss to by a Cad program that know one in the shop knows anything about isn't gonna happen (been programing our haas lathe with a calculator and G Code for 9 years now..no Cad).

I got my hands on a CNC text editor the other day and I am able to edit Anilam files that I copied from the machine to floppy just fine.The problem is I can not for the life of me figure out how to copy files from the floppy back onto the machine.

Seems the only option the machine gives me is to use a data link (RS2?) to upload a program.

So my question is,can I use the floppy drive to upload programs?
If so,how the heck do you access the A drive to do so?

Thanks in advance.

On my POS Anilam 1200T (lathe) you press the alternate menu arrow and this brings a number of choices up; "log" being one of them. Press "log" and a number of drives come up. Choose A and the floppy contents appear. Highlight desired file and press "copy" which gives you choices of destination. Choose C.

which controller do you have? Did it come with the manuals? Anilam has some of theirs on their site to download. For alot of the machining I have used a demo version of CamBam. It will normally convert to Anilam ok except for conversational hole drilling. I think the whole program costs only $375-450.

We have a Fryer mill with Anilam 3000M controller and it works but for stuff like pockets and islands and stuff it can be a pain to use hence CAMBAM.

which controller do you have? Did it come with the manuals? Alnilam has some of theirs on their site to download. For alot of the machining I have used a demo version of CamBam. It will normally convert to Anilam ok except for conversational hole drilling. I think the whole program costs only $375-450.

We have a Fryer mill with Anilam 3000M controller and it works but for stuff like pockets and islands and stuff it can be a pain to use hence CAMBAM.

Its the 1100 series,I don't have much a problem with writing G Code,just need a way to upload a program.I have a manual I DLed but all I could find was how to copy a program to the A drive,not upload from it.The manual is like the one that came with the Haas lathe we have,it's sketchy with the info.I imagine the reason is if the manual has all the info needed the machine manufacturer couldn't sell their services for training.

Alphonso,I'll look again for at the LOG option,I thought I tried that already but I will check it again to make sure I didn't miss something.

I have 2 Fryer machines, Lathe and Mill, with the lathe having the 4200T control and the mill with the 6000M. Both of them you just shift and then log onto the A drive and then copy them to the C. These controls that I have come with offline software and built in cad/cam. You can also import dxf files and create your programs off of those.

Rob

I have 2 Fryer machines, Lathe and Mill, with the lathe having the 4200T control and the mill with the 6000M. Both of them you just shift and then log onto the A drive and then copy them to the C. These controls that I have come with offline software and built in cad/cam. You can also import dxf files and create your programs off of those.

Rob
Hi Rob, I do have the same controller on my MegaMill, Anilam 6000M. The Hard drive crashed and i lost everything on the hard drive. Now i am getting an error message on the screen saying Error loading CCu firmware. But I saw a floppy disk at the back of my cabinet and there is one file called "LW604TH.DBO". Do you know how to load this file into the IPI program?

Back