What's new
What's new

Anyone have issues with EZ KOOL?

geoffw

Aluminum
I thought to try some of the EZ KOOL brand of coolant and have been very disappointed in it so far.

It seems to do a very poor job at preventing rust.

The biggest problem that Iam having is that it has stained my machine blue.

It has a great smell to it, but that's about all.

Refractometer readings are within the recommended 1-2

Emails to them went un-answered and I cant find a phone number in sight to get ahold of.

Anyone else have this issue or am I doing something wrong?

-Geoff

ezkool.jpg

Geoff,
I have no experience with ez-kool.
for the last 13 years we have been using Valenite Val-Cool VP920 005U.
It is undyed and no rust issues with it at 2 on the refractometer. Has a bactericide which works great at preventing any mold from growing too. Make sure you get the undyed version. We started out with the blue Val-Cool and had the same staining issue. we use it in our Haas cnc, Blanchard grinders, K.O.Lee and Dedtru centerless grinders. Very happy with it. Good Luck !

EZKoolDirect is owned by one David Wolfiss - the site is registered to him at 2541 SW 32nd St
Cape Coral, Florida. His email is [email protected].

Doing a quick search on that email shows this company in Chandler, AZ

EZ-Kut Home Page

Same guy - David Wolfiss with a phone number of 480-215-1587 and another email address [email protected]. That one is registered to this address

1612 E Crescent Way
Chandler, AZ 85249

There is also another number on the brochure whichis 239-464-1575.

But I have to ask.... it's turning the machine blue, it's rusting, and the only good thing about it is the smell. Why are you still using it?

I tried a bunch, I am happy with Blaser and I see a lot of people happy with it too. I also know guys happy with Hangsterfers and Trimsol. Other than those brands, it seems there is as much bad as good.

Tried them along with about 1/2 dozen others. Did not make the cut needless to say.
I Am currently using quaichem and am trying out edrich richcut 501. So far richcut seems to be holding up quite nice and it is about 1/2 the cost of qualichem so I have my fingers crossed it will make the cut. I Always test the coolant for about 4-5 months before switching so I can see if it starts smelling funky or doing any other weird things. Qualichem was the best I found so far but it does smell after a few months and is on the expensive side.

Back