What's new
What's new

Anyone know the parameter password for an IEMCA kid 70 barmag?

gregormarwick

Diamond
After a bit of dicking about I've come to the conclusion that the interface signal logic needs inverted but I'm locked out of the parameter to change this.

Background: Doosan S310SMLY, we bought it used about a year ago from a dealer. Never got the bar magazine working, but haven't really needed it either up til now. Have all the manuals for the bar mag itself but no documentation on it's use from the control side. From an old program that was still loaded on the machine M13 and M85 are bar feed and bar load respectively, but the program stalls out waiting for FIN when it gets to those.

The big clue about the interface signals is that the bar magazine is prepared to work when the lathe is in manual mode, and will even start a bar change move if it is switched to auto when the lathe is left in manual mode, but locks out with a "door safety" alarm when the machine is in auto. From the machine schematics bar feeder interface, auto mode and door closed are a single combined output, so it seems the bar feeder is reading all the lathe signals backwards.

Before I try and contact Iemca, anyone by chance already know the password for the "protected parameters"?

Thanks, Gregor

Back