What's new
What's new

Anyone running Blaser B-COOL 755?

AAA

Aluminum
Thinking about switching to it, anyone currently running it? Anyone running it with 300 psi coolant?
Currently we're running Qualichem XTREME CUT 250C as it worked much better with the higher pressure and didn't foam like others we tried.
The problem with it is that it has a strong chemical smell that is driving me nuts, makes my lips burn regardless of the concentration. Me and one other guy in the shop are bothered by it, but others don't seem to be.

I've run for 4 years in almost exclusively aluminum. I had a bacteria outbreak this summer due to (I believe) high temperatures and it has never been the same since-- still has that hint of stink; causes respiratory annoyance. Thinking of switching to Oemeta when the chance arises.

I've run for 4 years in almost exclusively aluminum. I had a bacteria outbreak this summer due to (I believe) high temperatures and it has never been the same since-- still has that hint of stink; causes respiratory annoyance. Thinking of switching to Oemeta when the chance arises.

Interesting that was one of my concerns with a "pro bacteria" based coolant, what sort of temperatures were you getting that you think caused that?
thanks.

Running BC940 here. I'm not fancy and oil based works just fine for me.

Hounddogforever, since you're also in Oregon, do you buy through cutting tool supply or is there a better supplier.
I've been also looking at the BC35NF. Do you have problems with rust or staining with the BC940?

Thinking about switching to it, anyone currently running it? Anyone running it with 300 psi coolant?
Currently we're running Qualichem XTREME CUT 250C as it worked much better with the higher pressure and didn't foam like others we tried.
The problem with it is that it has a strong chemical smell that is driving me nuts, makes my lips burn regardless of the concentration. Me and one other guy in the shop are bothered by it, but others don't seem to be.
We run it at my work in a couple of our machines. We have a 1000psi coolant pump and it is generally pretty good with the foaming. We run it at 10-12 brix. its nearly odorless and doesn't irritate my breathing or my skin. It also seems to be very good at inhibiting rust. The parts clean off very easily and without any film. I will say recently we have experienced some foam, but I think the chip conveyor and the filtration system for the coolant tank is to blame more than the b-cool 755. there are some very small chips created in our machining processes that seem to be clogging our fine drum filter that the coolant needs to flow through to replenish the supply pump. I'm sure once we deep clean our sump/filter/conveyor it will resolve the foaming.

Back