What's new
What's new

Arrow 500 probe installation

Arrow500

Plastic
HI,
I have a tidy old vintage Arrow 500 but unfortunately i have hit a brick wall with this probe problem, i brought a new MP700E spindle probe, a second hand renishaw omi and a second hand MI8 interface, i dont have the tool setter only spindle probe. the MI8 has been pulled out as the plc techie reckons i don't need it with only spindle probe running.
I have all the add ons installed and probe functions enabled in the machine settings menu, so the issue is you call up the spindle probe and the omi just stays with the 3 red led's and wont seem to transmit a signal to turn the probe on, after 4 - 5 seconds it times out and the error on screen appears, i'm really really hoping someone can spot the obvious that's i have missed something or they has passed through this problem before, i've been stuck at this point now for over a year and a half and its got me buggered!!!! hopefully someone knows what the issue is.20170608_013032.jpg20170620_191102.jpg20170620_191043.jpg20170608_013020.jpg20170620_190959.jpg

sorry, i cant really help you at with this at the moment, but can I ask if you paid for the probe option on the control?

i have been thinking about doing the same as you but the price I was quoted to add the option was absuard!

Hi, lucky for me the previous owner had purchased all the add on's but he never purchased a probe setup, so its all enabled and permanent on control but there must be something i'm doing wrong, can you still buy the options for this old girl? can i ask how much they were charging? im struggling to find someone who is clued up on machine centers, there is actually no one at this end of the world who is skillful with experience only people i can find are washing machine sparkys.

yes, my repair guy seemed to think so, I guess it would be through Siemens. I cant remember the fiugers, but he said it would be cheeper to get a replacment control from him that already had the option!

There is quite good support for them over hear, most things are very simple as well, I've changed all sorts of stuff on mine including adding the wrong (haas) 4th axis that works very well!

I really don't know much about the probing side of this machine but I have the full wiring diagram for mine, should have a number on the door on the back let me know what it is and ill see if its the same!

yes, my repair guy seemed to think so, I guess it would be through Siemens. I cant remember the fiugers, but he said it would be cheeper to get a replacment control from him that already had the option!

There is quite good support for them over hear, most things are very simple as well, I've changed all sorts of stuff on mine including adding the wrong (haas) 4th axis that works very well!

I really don't know much about the probing side of this machine but I have the full wiring diagram for mine, should have a number on the door on the back let me know what it is and ill see if its the same!

electrical manual number.jpg

That is one of the main issues of not being able to resolve this problem, i don't have any schematics for my machine and cannot find any either, i have no idea which relays are what and in the manuals i do have it is very very vague about setting up probe, it has a wiring diagram of the 2 harnesses that i made up but it stops right there..... hopefully your machine is the same year or shares the same schematics!!!!

mine is a very different number, and I've just had a look at mine and its got different things connected so i think theres not much the same!

Hi, I've set the probe to normally closed and still no luck, the only thing i have not done is double check the two beams are overlapping spindle probe page.jpg

Should be in the touch screens for setup.

You might need a bigger password to change the settings on the touch screen.

You need to change the password back to setup or operator once you make the changes ( if needed)

on my cincinatti's/ 2100/ mp12?/mp700( works the same) sometimes the transmission range sucks and you don't get signal. try moving the probe up close to the omi. I know there were different styles of omi... do you have the right one? Mine hd the ts27r and spindle probes and went through the mi8. I don't know as one can bypass that. Are you wired into the dv5 correctly? I scrapped 2 machines that had renishaw omi's in them this spring..... probably still have a mp12/700 or 2 on cinci 40 taper holders here. You need a known good spindle probe I think.

on my cincinatti's/ 2100/ mp12?/mp700( works the same) sometimes the transmission range sucks and you don't get signal. try moving the probe up close to the omi. I know there were different styles of omi... do you have the right one? Mine hd the ts27r and spindle probes and went through the mi8. I don't know as one can bypass that. Are you wired into the dv5 correctly? I scrapped 2 machines that had renishaw omi's in them this spring..... probably still have a mp12/700 or 2 on cinci 40 taper holders here. You need a known good spindle probe I think.

i have a brand new mp700e spindle probe on a brand new shank & i have tried moving the probe all over the show and change the transmission range numerous times, but something you said could be the issue, i'm going to check some data sheets and give it a try but i think you may have solved the issue!!!

I thought when you mentioned about hows there's no way around using the setup that Cincinnati have setup in the arrow the issue may have been that i had no tool probe and it knew it was missing so that is why the fault was there..... i reinstalled the renishaw MI8 and noticed it the spec sheet you can wire the mi8 to force the contact closed if no tool probe was present, i was so confident that was the issue but once again NO!!!!!! ahhhhh!!! with no schematics i don't even know if there is a relay installed for the probe side of things? do you know if they were pre-installed from factory?

Back