What's new
What's new

Lathe leveling adapter, Hitachi Seiki HT

Jeepster

Aluminum
Are there any owners or technicians of Hitachi Seiki HT series lathes that have the KV45 leveling adapter available for purchase/rent?

It is an HT25-S. I suspect that the other HiTec versions use the same setup.

Feel free to contact me on or off-forum.

Eric

Yes. There is actually a cast iron plate that came with the machine, but it is angled such that it will not seat into, or onto any of the many styles of toolholders that we have. Its two attachment bolts are spaced and positioned such that it does not bolt directly to the turret itself.

It appears that if we clamped in, i.e., a precision flat plate, it would tilt downward 9-12 degrees, making it unsuitable for leveling.

Or has the obvious parked under my nose?

you level the machine to earth on the ways somewhere
this is mostly just so coolant will drain
then you can comp for your uneven angle on turret with modeling clay or the like
the turret leveling is to check for consistency in the bubble at all four corners of the travel in machine

For future lookers/posterity, it turns out that we made an angle block adapter that clamped into one of our tool holders. 9 degrees is the answer. We did a 3d job on an aluminum block. The machine leveled out so nice. Accuracy is very good.

Very cool lathe, this one.

Hey, Makinoman

Thanks. Yeah. We sure like the lathe. Now, ours actually has the Fanuc control system on it. I have heard about the Seicos versions and it seems that people would agree with you, that they are great.

We'll be putting some good miles on it.

Back