What's new
What's new

bar puller ?

chip_maker

Stainless
I'm trying to write a bar puller program and having some problems. my machine will not feed in g98 ipm mode unless i give it a g97 s0 m3 comand. if i don't put that in it will rapid to the x z pos in the program and just sit there.
is there something in the parameters i need to change? the control is a fanuc 18t.

Thanks

You should probably post your code so everyone can take a look and see what it is you have programmed. Will be a lot quicker to diagnos rather than everyone trying to guess what you may have.

Best Regards,
Russ

move to part...
M5
G98
G1 Z?.??? F20.

just make sure to put a G99 at the start of the program to put it back into ipr mode...

I do bar puller jobs all the time...
One machine used the older friction type bar puller... and the other is hydrolic...

very simple and easy

Solar has it. Ran pullers for 'bout 7 years on the 18-T. Bar feeders one servo the other bar stop after that.

Txxxx
GO X0. Z.1
G1 G98 Zxxxx F75.
G4 U.5
G(open collet)
G4 U.25
Zxxxx F100.
G4 U.25
G(close collet)
G4 U.5
G0 Zxxxx
Next tool
G0 Xxxxx Zxxxx
G1 G99.....

even if i just put an m3 in there it will work. then i have to put an m5(spindle stop) then an m11(open spindle) then i put in a g1 feed rate to pull the bar out but it just sits there because i had to stop the spindle in order to open the chuck. and i am putting in a g98 at the beginning and a g99 with my first cutting tool. i will try to post some code tomorrow.
this machine had a barfeeder on it before i got it. i even tried turning the barfeed interface on and off from the front panel to no avail.

If it had a barfeeder on it before you got the machine it will probably need a parameter changed if it has not already been done.If you turn the barfeed on and the param is set for a barfeed it will be looking for signals from a barfeed that does not exist so will still not work.If you have the param list check and see what options have been turned on.

M971
or
M972
bar feeder on off ( or somethings like that)
you probably miss some G code or using wrong one

This is how I use a bar puller on a Fanuc OTC

(BAR PULLER)
T0808
G0X2.Z-.35(APPROACH BAR IN RAPID)
G98G01X0.0F140.0M31(FEED ON THE BAR)
M69(CHUCK OPEN)
G01Z1.055F140.0M31(M31 interlock bypass chuck&tailstock)
M68(CHUCK CLOSE)
G01X2.0F140.0M31(FEED OFF THE BAR)
G99(INCHES PER REVOLUTION = G99)
G28U0.W0.(RAPID FROM BAR TO HOME POSITON)
M1
M99
%

This control needs M31 for a interlock bypass, yours may as well.

Mike Roy in Canada

mroy-

on my control m34 is the bypass. i put that where you have your m31's and bingo!! well almost. it went through one cycle and stopped.

here is my barpuller prog:

O0016(bar puller program)
M98 P1237 L16;
M30;

so i did a search and found a post by boris, so i gave it a try and re-wrote my bar puller program like this:

O0016(bar puller program)
M98 P161237; (call prog 1237 16 times)
M30;

Bingo!

looped 16 times and stopped.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!!!
If it was'nt for this site i'd still be scratchin my head.

Back