What's new
What's new

haas mini mill small vibration

Rick @G Machine

Plastic
It is a 2002 with less than 400 hours. When I set it up i some times notice the x y z load starts jumping around a bit maybe 5% or so. It will sit just fine but if you do a tool change the z will start to act up. If you pull on the vice or tighten a clamp the x and y will start up. For now i have been going to manual jog move the axis that is acting up a few thou and it stops. It acts like its fighting itself to stay still. Anyone else had this problem?

Mine does that in the Y. I have called and tried changing gain setings many times. it got a bit better, but never went away. It doesnt seem to effect anything, but it sure is annoying.

Check the 12v dc power supply. It is very common for them to go out. Some of them have a little screw you can turn to get more voltage. I think a new on is $300. Plugs with yellow black and white go from the power supply to each servo drive. From black to white or yellow I forget, you should see 12.5 volts-13.5 volts. Any under and the machine can act funny.

Our 2006 machine does this in x. I have called the HFO and they say it is normal on a mini mill. I think it is a bs answer but they have it reported twice from me. If we have a problem in the future we can go back to those reports.

My 2000 does not do this. It is a servo adjustment issue. That is complete and utter BS for them to tell you that it's normal on a minimill. I bet if you told them your VF7 was doing that too that then they'd tell you THAT was normal too....

When i spoke with them they said it was the gain setting or something like that. The option is to have it set at 1 or 0, but both couldnt mach. It doesnt matter what i set mine to, it still hummus. If i jog the table .0001 it settles down and acts normal.

Back