What's new
What's new

Mori-Say Multispindle WOW!

Ox

Diamond
Has enyone seen this yet? I hope they go to Columbus this yr! (PMTS or whatever they call it these days?)

The whole multiple spindle drives on these newer CNC machines has really been a big stickler for me. It seems that they must werk as I haven't heard many issues with them - but all those warrs and connections constantly rotating and pivoting is undoubtedly be a service issue for the life of the machine. But what can you doo???

AS SOON as I saw this pic I knew EXACTLY what they were dooing and had a "DOH! :rolleyes5: " moment. And then to read the artical they said the same thing. LOL!

PM0309_TB_ReinventingTheMulti_c.jpg

Now I will need one more "session" to finish this artical in the paper werld, but the one issue that I see plaguing this design would be backlash in the C axis. Maybe they are running an electric brake of sorts to keep tension with a backlash comp as well? I think there could be some part layouts that may be challanging to hold tol on with this - but for the other 99% of the werk out there it should be fine.

Aslo - I wonder how they are keeping track of C axis from station to station as things will twist during index. Maybe a wireless encoder output for "C0" for each spindle?

This looks to be MUCH more service/uptime friendly than past designs from others IMO. And it hurts for me to say this as I am highly anti-Asian imports. (All new multis of eny design are imported these days.) However - I hafta give credit where credit is doo. Now - is the machine eny good? I have no clue. But the layout looks like a no-brainer. :o

Also - I haven't seen much on the backwerking of this machine - but it appears to have 6-8 positions for that as well? Maybe the last few paragraphs will cover that - or maybe they'll be in Columbus and I can see for myself...

---

On a side note - I have only seen the name Mori-Say a handfull of times. But to come out with this animal - they are NOT a small nor low budget company. So who are they - and why don't they seem to be "out there" in the US enyway?

There is the side artical aboot their parent company - I have yet to read that.

-------------

Who are they - really?
Ox

Last edited:
Mori-Say is ZPS if I remember correctly. And ZPS is from the Chzech Republic last I knew.

I'm also thinking that this is the same company that builds the "Euroturn" multi spindle which is imported by Gossiger.

Maybe they've given up on the Euroturn brand name here in the US?

Oh WOW!

I was gunna say most of that. LOL!

(Actually I did - but in the wrong thread. :o)

Here's my cut/paste:

Finished the art i call and see now that it is built in Czeck Republic. There has to be some Jap history in there somewhere. ???

As soon as I saw Check Republic - I thought to myself - "I bet that's the same people that build the Wickmans and the Euroturns!" By searching through the multitude of links that you can git to on the ZPS site - I found that Wickman IS one of thier lines! (I KNEW it!) And the Euroturns are made in the same facility as the Wickmans. So - even though I don't see a listing on their site for Euroturn - it hasta be....

Still see nothing on the backwerking abilities. :nutter:

So your saying that the Euroturn name may have been dropped eh?

Maybe their building Mori-Says on the side they usta build the Euroturns? Prolly not nearly enough volume in that market to try to market two diff lines...

AFAIK they are still building the Wickmans. ... Well I guess so since they have 3 listings on their site for Wickman. LOL!

The Euroturns never got that good'a reputation did they? At least the Acme guys say their light duty. ??? But that's where indexing speed comes from. Even if you kant push the toys as hard as you could on a heavier machine. Fast sells - even if cycle time suffers.

FWIW - Wickmans CAN orient during spindle stopping!

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The factory in Chzech and Wickmans are owned by the same guy.An Italian.Will dig out his name if anyone is interested.
Mark.

Gosiger has an add in the same mag for Euroturns. It's on the "vacume parts worsher" ad.

Now how many folks are making vacume parts that need worshed? :confused:

I honestly can't think of a Euroturn ad in a long time before that tho...

The factory in Chzech and Wickmans are owned by the same guy.An Italian.Will dig out his name if anyone is interested.

Yeah - it's all in that article. Well the guys name isn't in there, but the company name. Graff had a big writ on the factory a few yrs back. I don't know how far back their online archives go?

Still never heard much from Mori-Say otherwise tho. Who's got one?

--------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I noted just the other day that not only will Gossiger be the US agent but that I am even more curious as to the status of the Euroturn. I clicked on the Euroturn on Gossiger Imports website the other day and the Mori-Say showed up on the other side of the link. :scratchchin:

I hafta wonder if they aint gunna just stick with the Wickman as far as a mechanical machine and replace the Euroturn with this new Mori-Say? :confused:

Under closer inspection of the pics tho - it looks like maybe their just changing the name on the side of the sheetmetal?

------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back