What's new
What's new

Bar-Puller Issues

DarrenB

Plastic
Hey,

We recently got one of those fancy bar-pullers, and I figured it would be easy enough to get going as I have used them before on Mazak lathes and never had a problem. I'm pretty new to Fanuc controls, but basically, I am parting the piece off, feeding the bar-puller to grip the stock, opening the chuck, rapid out, clamp chuck and rapid out. Everything works fine until it is supposed to rapid (Z+) with the chuck unclamped. From doing a little research, it seems like the turret does not want to perform any movements with the chuck unclamped.
Would anyone have any ideas on how to bypass this?
I'm sorry I do not have the exact program with me, but if anyone has come across this before, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren

Some machines need a parameter changed. Some versions of the Fanuc require this ability as an option, or so I've been told. Good luck.
It might help if you posted teh version of the control, the machine maker/model, and year of manufacture

Thanks,
Yes, meant to add that to my post.
Its a 2005 Hyundai SKT-25, with the Fanuc Oi-Tc control

Allowing or prohibiting axis movement while the chuck is open is determined by the machine builder, not Fanuc. Consult your machine builder for info on how to do that.

Did you try setting to inches per minute instead of inches per revolution? And perhaps try a G01 move instead of rapid to pull the bar.
Don’t forget to return to inches per revolution at the next tool change!

There should be an m code to allow axis movements with the chuck still and open. And yes you have program g99 i.p.m. and then back to g98 i.p.r. when you start cutting. Your gonna have to find your g & m code lists.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your replies,
I have all the feed movements set to inches/minute for all the bar pulling operations. (I tried G00 and G01 for the actual pulling of the bar) I tried to add an M31 in the process, but perhaps I put it in the wrong line or something. I'll give it another go later this afternoon.
thank you

Thank you all for your replies,
I have all the feed movements set to inches/minute for all the bar pulling operations. (I tried G00 and G01 for the actual pulling of the bar) I tried to add an M31 in the process, but perhaps I put it in the wrong line or something. I'll give it another go later this afternoon.
thank you
You could be using the wrong m code, you need to find the manuals for your machine. M codes can vary between different mfr's. On my machines it's m34 on and m35 off to feed without the spindle turning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back