What's new
What's new

baruffaldi RH 160 turret problems

k41875

Plastic
I recently picked up a Angelini MAS 165 cnc lathe with a Baruffaldi turret. When I fire machine up I get a not ready flashing and al5 alarm.The manual say al5 is (turret thermal relay intervention) Machine sat for 4 years not sure if the has anything to do with problem. any help would be great. Dan

New CNC Machines | Used CNC Machines | Machine Tool Rebuild | CNC Control Retrofit | CNC Machine Repair | CNC Service by Marathon Machine Tools, Inc. These are the guys to go to for Baruffaldi. They have pretty complete manual set to download. The code sounds like an MTB alarm. Could be the turret is not in a locked position or the motor is stuck. What control? On my 0TC with Baruffaldi turret, you press the On button once and wait until you hear the turret brake click on, then punch On button again.

You might take the cover off the back and try to turn the motor 5(?)mm hex hole in end of motor shaft. Check for pinched wires between cover and body, too. It is pretty crowded in there.

Not really very difficult to work on, but I wouldn't want to without the manuals.

Good Morning
A few years ago our Traub with a Baruffaldi turret was always giving an error message.
The problem was fixed my completely dissembling the turret and cleaning the internal parts.
The turret was taking to long to index and was sending an error message.
Your problem sounds different.
Jim

(turret thermal relay intervention)
That will be the thermal overload in the cabinet has tripped. Are you familiar with those? It will be under one of the contactors for motor rotation. They have a test & reset button on them. You just need to reset it.

If its been sitting idle for 4 years, it might have reason to have tripped. Mice in wires, moisture in the motor etc.

Regards Phil.

The machine is a 1986 vintage with a Fanuc 3t control. It sat in a dry storage for 4 years. No mice no mosture. I checked all the overloads and nothing tripped. Dan

Do you have circuit diagrams? Some thing is driving that alarm. Are you sure the alarm belongs to the Baruffaldi turret, and its not just alarm #5 belonging to the machine.

The machine maual list al5 as turret issue. I have machine mauals but don't have turret manuals.

The overloads are build internal to the turret. If i connect the wires together the turret works as it should. But with the wires connected if there was an issue the overloads would not work as they should.

Back