What's new
What's new

Big Plus BT40 tools

jhearons

Cast Iron
I am looking for side lock end mill holders for a BT40 dual contact spindle. I am not having much luck and neither is the local tool salesman... the only company that has them is Big Kaiser $$$$. Does anyone KNOW another source?

Have you tried Lyndex?
We are making dual contact but in CAT40 not BT40. If I was making BT I could make a few but I dont see us making any BT40 for a month or two.

Over $300 each and a Cat40 dual contact side lock holder can be had for less than $200 from other reputable brands. I understand that Big Kaiser is a premium product but I am looking for end mill holders for roughing...

BIG KAISER does offer some BIG-PLUS BT40 inch size side lock end mill holders at the same price point as the BIG-PLUS CAT40 versions. Making true BIG-PLUS tool holders is more difficult than standard steep taper tools and our costs will be higher.

Also note that there are licensed BIG-PLUS tool holders that are made with gauges traced to the same master that all the spindle use. Only licensed BIG-PLUS holders will be marked with "BIG-PLUS Spindle System". Any other brands that are offering "Dual Contact" holders do not have the proper gauges and cannot be checked against the standard. This has the potential to put your spindle at risk for all tool holders, not just BIG-PLUS.

Please see the following for more information. Let me know if you would like any additional technical information.

Is BIG-PLUS® an International Standard?

Back