What's new
What's new

Bombardier CS100 wing spar

Should be around a 3250-3300 lb blank. The price might not be that bad when a number of those are being purchased at a time!

PM

I sure enjoy looking at the pictures you post. It makes me want to go make chips :) Then I go look at my little 40x20 machines and feel inadequate. Sometimes (very rarely) I miss those big machines where you rode the carriage around and made a garbage can of chips every minute. Keep the pictures coming.

So does that stock come forged to some reasonably near shape? Sawed? Or do you start with a rectangular blank (which would seem to make a LOT of waste...)

One presumes it takes a while to run that part....

So does that stock come forged to some reasonably near shape? Sawed? Or do you start with a rectangular blank (which would seem to make a LOT of waste...)

One presumes it takes a while to run that part....

Stock was supplied to our specifications, not rectangular. Narrow at one end. Not forged, sawed alum plate. Makes a lot of (recycled) chips, not waste.
Run time was several days, 2 shifts. RPM 8000-9000, feeds 100-200 IPM.

Pic 27 says a lot. Man with a phone at his ear calling up the machine operator. Machine is that big. Prob a toll charge too.

I was imagining him on the phone with the customer saying, "We don't know why, but ONE pocket is .001 out of tolerance. Is that going to be a problem? Scrap the whole thing, eh? Ahhh ****."

When I click on the link, it says I need to sign in. Fuck that, I don't need to see them that bad.

Yup, links that ask you to login or register :toetap:............what a joke .
It's OK, I have a pretty good idea what it looks like.

I wish people would think a little before asking other people to check out some pics of "LOOK what I can do", but first be an idiot like I was and register to see, OK.

Not going to happen.

It might be something with Flickr. I remember when this thread was new, you could see the pics no problem, so it's not the op's doing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It might be something with Flickr. I remember when this thread was new, you could see the pics no problem, so it's not the op's doing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No doubt due to this:

tyuDXFu.png

Can't let any of that sweet user information slip through the net, so now accounts are mandatory. Not that I ever used flickr, so no great loss.

We just purchased a new Toto toilet and we're required to log into it every time we take a shit. If you forget your password you mess your drawers. What will they think of next!;)

Stuart

We just purchased a new Toto toilet and we're required to log into it every time we take a shit. If you forget your password you mess your drawers. What will they think of next!;)

Stuart

You Californians have really left us behind here- I don't wish to catch up. I never heard of such a thing. Hope it does not get hacked who knows what would happen.

Too bad about the pictures. I looked at them when he posted it. It was a super cool project.

Back