What's new
What's new

Boring head for live tool lathe

gregormarwick

Diamond
Does anyone know of any small boring heads that are easily adaptable to a ER25 live tool?

Need to bore holes from 12 to 22mm. Tolerances are such that I don't want to use a reamer.

2µm adjustment preferably.

Thanks, Gregor

Any very fine precision boring head on a straight shank would work, no? But 2micron is very tight, and the head itself will be unwieldly on a turret. I have a big kaiser that might work, I'll look at it when I get to the shop and send a link or model number. (I *think* it's on a straight shank...)

I can confirm the big kaiser boring heads have a straight shank that can be easily mounted in a er25 collet but im not sure what the shank size is but I could check on monday when I get back to work since I have a boring head that does 20mm-25mm but not smaller ones. One issue you might have is the boring head itself is quite short at around 25mm long so you might need to make some sort of extension adapter to hold the head in the collet if your boring deeper or clearance is an issue.

Thanks all, the Kaiser head the Rob linked is perfect. I normally use D'Andrea and Sandvik heads but in this case I need one that takes a bar instead of a cartridge, and all the D'Andrea/Sandvik ones that fit that requirement won't go in an ER25.

Back