What's new
What's new

Bridgeport discovery 300

Bash

Plastic
New to this site I am a tool and die maker of 22 years and have the opportunity to purchase a bridgeport discovery 300 for my home shop it is currently not running believe it may be a hard drive issue? I have to invest in a rpc to power it up unsure of what size is necessary to run this machine under light load conditions. Does someone on this site have the software available to make this machine work again? Tring to do this project on a budget do not want to do a centroid conversion at this time. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I would do a Centroid allinone retrofit with a spindle drive that runs on single phase. You could sell your Bridgeport boards to pay for a fair amount of the retrofit costs. You wouldn't need a phase converter. And you would have a modern control that can be repaired for a reasonable cost long into the future.

Thanks that would be the best solution but trying to get this going as reasonable as possible just going to use in garage with my children if I could buy the existing software to get it running for a few years then maybe upgrade to the centroid set up

What's the cost of the machine to you? I'm not sure how many people have one of those. If it doesn't work out could you part it out like an old Fadal could on e-bay?

Unfortunately a BP that old is hard to get support for... where as an old Fadal can almost always be fixed at a reasonable cost and support is everywhere. Even for an old one.

Back