What's new
What's new

bridgeport explorer cnc value

sks72107

Plastic
Hello all. I'm new here but a long time reader. I really enjoy machining, but am looking to expand my horizons. I have a Logan lathe(looking to upgrade) and a k&t 2hl vert. I love my k&t but some things are a bit hard to machine one it due to special setups.......like curves. I have a descent AutoCAD background and would like to connect that with machining. I would like to take my dxf files to cambam (or equivalent) to then create tool path etc, then load onto Mach3(or equivalent) to actually machine the part. This is just a hobby for me. I've recently been watching a Bridgeport explorer ser1?? rot away in the weather. I stopped and talked with the fellow about it and finally made an offer. I can honestly saw I don't know much about them. Its been sitting outside in the weather for a year plus. Obviously the chrome ways are fine, but some of them are a bit rusted. Its got a monitor and a box filled with electronics. They "look" fine but, electronics don't like water. I was told it was part of a govt liquidation. It supposedly worked when the guy got it but that was several years ago and at least 1 year outside. Other than surface rust the bed looks great. No oops's. I offered the guy 450 for it and he said no. I felt like that was about double scrap price and also took into account all of the potential unknowns. I wouldn't mind a project but don't want to get screwt!! Thoughts please??

Back