What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Explorer dx32 problems

mopar1rules

Plastic
Hello everyone, I just purchased my first CNC and I'm excited. It's a 3 axis Bridgeport Explorer 1 w/DX32 control. I originally had issues with getting the machine to home, but fixed the faulty X-axis limit switch that was causing the problems. So now my problem is that I can't turn the spindle on (don't really know how) and I read the 3 manuals that came with the machine, but find the manuals to be kinda helpless and vague.

So, can anyone tell me how to turn the spindle on? And or provide me with a simple program for drilling more than 1 hole and how to use MDI and turn the spindle on? How does one adjust how fast (IPM) that the table moves, for doing a simple quick facing of a part? Thanks in advance!!

I forgot to mention that I entered "S500M3" into MDI and when I try and start the spindle, or run that line of code, that I get an alarm that states "spindle speed not valid in any gear". I thought maybe it wanted a decimal point after the 500, like some Haas and Fanuc controlled machines, but that wasn't the case. Don't understand this frustrating DX32.

Last edited:
Hello
You don't need MDI to turn on the spindle , I will look at it this weekend and let you know . But i believe it is one the screens where you turn on the spindle .
Ben

Back