What's new
What's new

Brother CNC

dees743

Plastic
On my workplace we have multiple Brother CNC machines. We have 4 different file-types on them. NM , KM , GM & QM (QM is the latest version from speedio) . I was wondering if there is a software package that can read this files and convert them so we can use all these different programs on all the machines.

Sounds like you are using conversational programming? The speedios can convert the conversational to G code and those files will be .NC
If you have machines newer than 1999 with A00 control or newer, they can run both Gcode and conversatonal programs. Earlier machines (pre 1999, TC-229, 324...) were either one or the other. All Gcode files from any Brother machine will be .NC

I think he means the 2letter code that is in old conversional programs. I cant remember exactly what letterd but i know when you got programs of tc227 325 321 311 the wont load op to tcs2a conversional or the other way Arnoud. You have to change the 2lettercode than you can put programs from tcs2a also to tc227.

You do have to check the programs becouse if cyclus in program doesnt exist on the machine you want to load you conne see strange things 😲
You also have to be carefull when changing the letters in program code. When you delete a space by accident the whole program will be incorrect loaded.

Back