What's new
What's new

Brother TC-229 vs Brother TC321N

SBAER

Hot Rolled
The travels of these two machines are pretty similar and they seem to be about the same vintage, they both have 10 position tool changers, the TC229 weighs 4000lbs, the TC321 weighs 6000lbs. I am not sure what the control differences are. I expect the TC-321 to be more capable in the metal removal department, if anybody had any information to help me decide it would be much appreciated.

Stan

I bought the TC229, 14 position tool changer, 10 000 rpm spindle. It has a CNC-820 control that apparently accepts G-code. Its a bit of a gamble, hopefully it will be usable as a light duty VMC for prototyping and short run production runs without retrofitting the control. I inspected the machine I bought and saw no backlash in any of the axis using a tenth indicator (backlash parameters all at zero as well), I'm pretty excited about having an accurate machine after years of living with a Milltronics MB16 with sloppy ballscrews, I will miss long travels though. If the MMR is as good as better than a Bridgeport I will satisfied.

That is interesting to think that the CNC 820 control will accept G-code. I know the A-00 will. When you get her going could you post back about how well this control will send and receive G-code. Best of luck. I don't think you will be dissatisfied with the brother brand.

Does the Brother TC 229 accepts/transferes G-Code?

I bought the TC229, 14 position tool changer, 10 000 rpm spindle. It has a CNC-820 control that apparently accepts G-code. Its a bit of a gamble, hopefully it will be usable as a light duty VMC for prototyping and short run production runs without retrofitting the control. I inspected the machine I bought and saw no backlash in any of the axis using a tenth indicator (backlash parameters all at zero as well), I'm pretty excited about having an accurate machine after years of living with a Milltronics MB16 with sloppy ballscrews, I will miss long travels though. If the MMR is as good as better than a Bridgeport I will satisfied.

Like to know what your experiences are.

Back