What's new
What's new

Brother TC32-A position error X

Jhendrickson

Plastic
Hello everyone. I recently acquired a tc32a and got around to powering it up and have run into a alarm 6321 *position error x* that i cant clear. When I first powered up the machine I had a x over travel - alarm that was relatively easy to correct by moving the ball screw by hand off the - limit switch. Once I moved it off the switch I was able to get it to start homing but hit the e stop in the middle of the homing sequence and how I'm getting a 6321 alarm position error x. In the pos display the machine position is 4.1815 in and the absolute position is 3.1815. I have moved the column all over but these numbers do not seem to change, and the alarm prohibits me from doing the zero return cycle. If anyone has any thoughts on what i might be missing id be happy to try them out. Anything helps at this point.

Thanks,

Jhendrickson

I say it's the switch down near the X axis ways (rear rail, maybe hidden under way covers at certain positions) that tells the machine it's in ATC position. It's the switch closest to the ATC side of the machine. Those switches can get fouled up with coolant or chips or just plain fail. Someone may also have hooked it up incorrectly, There are normally open and normally closed contacts on it. Those are nice machines. Did you get the one that was at Treske in Oregon?

I say it's the switch down near the X axis ways (rear rail, maybe hidden under way covers at certain positions) that tells the machine it's in ATC position. It's the switch closest to the ATC side of the machine. Those switches can get fouled up with coolant or chips or just plain fail. Someone may also have hooked it up incorrectly, There are normally open and normally closed contacts on it. Those are nice machines. Did you get the one that was at Treske in Oregon?
I just finished up cleaning the three limits on the x axis. The ATC one was a little oily inside so I cleaned all three and checked continuity between the NO and NC contact and the switched seem to be functioning as normal. They are all hooked NO. Powered up the machine to no avail. I think it has something to do with where the control thinks the x axis is, being at +4" which is past the home limit switch the machine wont allow it to go through any motion? Is there a way to force the servo to pulse in the - direction?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I won the machine at auction in November of last year. Didn't seem to be ran hard, it's got less than 1/2 the cycle time to power up time on it. It was filthy but is cleaning up nice.

Try this. Move X,Y & Z to roughly center of stroke. There is a button on the control labeled RLSE (release). If you push and hold RLSE and hit reset, you should be able to clear alarms and manually jog the machine while holding RLSE. After the machine is at the middle of the travels, you should now be able to hold RLSE and hit zero return. Turn Rapids down a notch or two for this. After the Z starts going up you can let go of the RLSE button. I think this could do it.

Try this. Move X,Y & Z to roughly center of stroke. There is a button on the control labeled RLSE (release). If you push and hold RLSE and hit reset, you should be able to clear alarms and manually jog the machine while holding RLSE. After the machine is at the middle of the travels, you should now be able to hold RLSE and hit zero return. Turn Rapids down a notch or two for this. After the Z starts going up you can let go of the RLSE button. I think this could do it.
That worked! I read about the RLSE and reset buttons but I didn't have the right process. Once I got the machine to a negative value I was able to get the machine to home itself. Thanks BROTHERFRANK.

If you haven't slready, change your back up batteries with the control powered ON. They are AA batteries. I believe there is one set of three and one set of two on that machine in the back control cabinet. Also, if your display needs contrast adjustment, go to the IO display screen and use the page up/down buttons to adjust.

If you haven't slready, change your back up batteries with the control powered ON. They are AA batteries. I believe there is one set of three and one set of two on that machine in the back control cabinet. Also, if your display needs contrast adjustment, go to the IO display screen and use the page up/down buttons to adjust.
Yeah I need to change the batteries, I saw the alarm, but the installation manual is vague about changing them. Is there a 'operators manual' that came with these machines? I received the NC and g code programming and installation manuals with the machine, but none of them have troubleshooting or alarm codes. Was there documentation for something like that?

Back