What's new
What's new

Buying new VMC - decision on Standard & Optional equipments

the.viking

Plastic
Hello. I will be investing in a couple of VMCs to start a small manufacturing unit of my own. I have almost finalized the make and size for the machines. I will be buying an 800 mm and a 1280 mm VMC from BFW (Indo-German collaboration) based on strong local market review and satisfactory service provided by this company.

Following is a quote provided by the company. I am yet to decide on some of the optional parts mentioned here. Please do let me know what all should I order.

I am aware of the need for an individual stabilizer for each VMC. But what do you think of having just one stabilizer for 2 VMCs. This may help lower initial investment but if the stabilizer is down then both the VMCs will also be down.

For the 4th axis rotating table, if I buy one for the 800 mm VMC, can this be used on the 1280 mm VMC? Or is it advisable to buy 2 separate 4th axis rotating tables for each VMC. (Again cost Vs utility)

Thank you and I look forward to your valuable advice.

(Below is a partially censored photo of the quote.)

IMG_2749.jpg

No reason to have two rotary tables if you're not going to use both, and if they're reasonably straightforward to move between machines. That varies a LOT. If you want to go that route, have the dealer demonstrate the procedure to move the table (mechanical, electrical and control) before you purchase.

@ Comatose - Thanks for replying.

Another question I have is with regards to ATC (automatic tool changer).

I will definitely be buying a 24 ATC for the 800 mm VMC, keeping in mind the option that this machine could be used for volume production.

Does a 1280 mm VMC then need a ATC? My current assumption is that this machine will mostly be used for die/ mould job work and hence is not likely to use a ATC.

Back