What's new
What's new

Bypass chuck OD/ID Yama Seiki GA3600

Hi everyone. Plz help me M-Code to bypass chuck OD/ID. I wanna run spindle without clamp chuck. I’m using M10/M11 but that M-Code Clamped and Unclamp chuck. Just need bypass signal. Thanks everyone. Happy New Yeaf All

I don't know about Yama Seiki, but my Mazak can be set so the chuck is considered to be clamped either with the drawbar forward or with it reversed.

I don't know about Yama Seiki, but my Mazak can be set so the chuck is considered to be clamped either with the drawbar forward or with it reversed.

As I read it the OP wants to bypass the clamp signal altogether. I'll lay odds his machine will do as you say?

Brent

You can send a signal to the Control from which ever proximity switch you want (open or closed), you can tape a damn washer to a prox. switch if you want. BUT I believe that it has to be one or the other, not both or null. That is where the ladder comes in to play, Vancouver correct me if I'm wrong.

R

You can send a signal to the Control from which ever proximity switch you want (open or closed), you can tape a damn washer to a prox. switch if you want. BUT I believe that it has to be one or the other, not both or null. That is where the ladder comes in to play, Vancouver correct me if I'm wrong.

R

You are absolutely right in this. A good ladder would raise an alarm if both the clamped and unclamped signals were on. Conversely, if both stay off for longer than a pre-determined amount of time an alarm should occur. This is sound ladder programming in that it prevents unintended behavior in the event of a failed sensor or switch. Any mutually exclusive condition should not be allowed to exist without raising an alarm.

The current state of the chuck, clamped or unclamped, should also be stored in a non-volatile memory register of the control. That state should be compared to the corresponding sensor for verification. The ladder should energize the clamp or unclamp solenoid to match the stored state at power up. This prevents dropping a partially completed workpiece when machine power is applied. Sadly many machine builders do not have really good ladders.

I actually am not 100% sure I understand what the OP wants. If he is trying to say he wants to be able to run with the chuck open, ID clamping the workpiece, then it is almost guaranteed that there is a switch, either hardware or software based, that can be set to allow that. If he just wants the program to execute regardless of the clamp or unclamped condition of the chuck then he will only be able to do that to the extent that the ladder program can be bypassed due to logic loopholes.

I actually am not 100% sure I understand what the OP wants.
I'm in the same boat. Think it would be better to explain setting those prox switches. Almost exclusively the laser cut plate that holds those switches, has elongated / slotted holes so you can adjust the position of the switch. Real common to have to adjust them so they signal when the cylinder has actually stroked, depending on ID / OD clamping, jaw position and stock size. All it takes is a 4mm allen key.

I'd urge the OP to come to terms with adjusting them, rather than looking for the get out of jail free card of turning them off. They are a safety feature, for a miss-load / seized chuck. There's only 2 switches, surely its not that hard to adjust them, so that the conditions are met.

I'd predict our OP, First time poster Robert Nguyen, is a Vietnamese brother, working in the States. Nguyen is the most common Vietnamese Surname, where turning off safety features might be common practice.

Regards Phil.

I think what the OP is asking for is an M code to indicate a manual chuck rather than a power chuck. I have a machine that uses M35/M36 for manual/ power chuck. M37/M38 to open/close chuck.

OP might try M12 or M13 to see if that does what he wants.

I think what the OP is asking for is an M code to indicate a manual chuck rather than a power chuck. I have a machine that uses M35/M36 for manual/ power chuck. M37/M38 to open/close chuck.

Never saw a need for an M code to tell the machine it is fitted with a manual chuck. Every time I've helped someone with that we just set the chuck to clamped condition in the control and if equipped with sensors for the drawtube of a power chuck, taped a piece of shimstock over the clamped sensor.

OP might try M12 or M13 to see if that does what he wants.

IMO it is not good advice command M codes of unknown function. The function of most all M codes are defined by the machine builder. M12 and M13 on the OP's machine could just as easily command forward or reverse turret rotation or tailstock motion rather than have something to do with chuck operation.

I'd predict our OP, First time poster Robert Nguyen, is a Vietnamese brother, working in the States. Nguyen is the most common Vietnamese Surname, where turning off safety features might be common practice.

Regards Phil.

Thanks!
I figure out that machine needed to change chuck OD/ID by funtion inside.
you can go Offset --> Next-->Next-->OPR and CHUCK OD/ID ON- OFF
Select
ON- CHUCK Outside (OD)
OFF-CHUCK Inside (ID)
If you can not run spindle, you have to adjust proximity switch.
I just want to change CHUCK OD/ID when I run my part with chuck ID. I dont know what are you talking about turning off safety? Watch your language :angry:

Hi everyone. Plz help me M-Code to bypass chuck OD/ID. I wanna run spindle without clamp chuck. I’m using M10/M11 but that M-Code Clamped and Unclamp chuck. Just need bypass signal. Thanks everyone. Happy New Yeaf All

I'm pretty sure Phil is right about the Lost in Translation thing.

@Robertnguyen, if you use the word "bypass" it indicates that you are trying to skip or not use a certain function. Change a Setting, is very different from Bypass a Setting.

And I'm spent.

R

Back