What's new
What's new

Cant login to hurco machine using FTP

valterroque

Aluminum
Hello.
I would be grateful if someone could guide me through troubleshooting my FTP connection to my hurco machine.
Purchased used in Germany a few months back, but just recently had enough power to turn it on.
Model VMX24
Year 2007.
FTP client Filezilla
Windows firewall disable and exception also added to the Filezilla EXE.
Connect directly Laptop/machine.
Cable CAT5E Patch

Ultinet option is installed and control detects a iso card ( i believe is the ftp card)
I believe that i might be doing something wrong but unsure what.
Link to some screenshots of the control menus:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Airg4lew6s13g4xFeBQ_265D4Gu3Cg

I am unsure what to input (if needed) on NETWORK CLIENT PARAMETERS and on NETWORK HOST FILE.

Thank you.

Here is what I do when a connection of that type does not work:

See if there is an Ethernet “LINK” LED on the NIC for the CAT-5E connection.
Sometimes the transmit and receive wires need to be flipped for a direct connection, if the Ethernet driver does not know , on each end, how to set the transmit and receive pairs to complement.

If there is a link, there still could be a speed/duplex mismatch.
I see the HURCO is set to 10-half, but what is the PC set to?

If the speed and duplex both match, see if you can use the PING utility on the PC to ping 192.168.1.200.
If the PC can’t PING, see what the PC IP address is set to.
If the PC is not a 192.168.1.xxx address it will need to have it’s IP set to one in the 192.168.1.xxx network

That all about all I can come up with right now, just sitting here remembering.
Frank

See if there is an Ethernet “LINK” LED on the NIC for the CAT-5E connection.
Will look into.

I see the HURCO is set to 10-half, but what is the PC set to?
Will change that in the pc network card correct?

If the PC can’t PING, see what the PC IP address is set to.

I read somewere you can't ping on an ULTIMAX / DOS BASED (not sure)Will try.

If the PC is not a 192.168.1.xxx address it will need to have it’s IP set to one in the 192.168.1.xxx network

So in this case (Hurco 192.168.1.200) and I should set a fixed IP in computer, example : 192.168.1.201 ?

Thank for taken the time to reply, will follow you advice carefully, and come back here later.

...I am unsure what to input (if needed) on NETWORK CLIENT PARAMETERS and on NETWORK HOST FILE.

Thank you.
You should not need to enter anything in the client and hosts pages- the machine is not acting as a client when you connect the laptop, and the hosts file resolves names to IP addresses.

You probably need a crossover cable for a direct connection. Or you can connect the machine and laptop to a palm hub, which will do the crossover. I would set the machine to duplex, there isn't any real reason why the NIC in the machine should be half-duplex.

As mentioned, use PING to resolve connection issues. Verify both devices are on the same subnet 192.168.1.x and same subnet mask 255.255.255.0. If you can't PING 192.168.1.200, your network settings aren't right. Make sure your laptop has an IP address on the 192.168.1.x subnet- it's pretty common for computer NIC's to default to 192.168.0.x.

On the client side you can add port 21 on the logon, but it shouldn't be needed because that is the default TCP port for FTP connections.

Hi

All valid points raised here, but I know that you will need a password to finally log on and make coms possible. Contact Hurco and they will supply you with it

Problem solved.

Problem solved.

Set speed at PC configuration to half duplex. (this speed on the card was set by Hurco before so it might be the correct speed for this old card at the machine).

Set fixed IP of 192.168.1.201 ( I Believe this was the main problem).

Cable was not the problem here.

Still not transfer any files yet, will do at a later stage.

Thank you very much all of you who toke the time for help. Much appreciated.

Kind regards
Valter

Would appreciate more advise on different situation but related to this topic.

1 - Pc to machine connected over Ethernet cable directly is working flawlessly.

2 - I have an old wireless modem router (fritzbox 7050) and i was thinking on connecting it to the machine so that i could ftp the machine from different places on the shop and avoid long fixed Ethernet cables.

My Idea is: Connect the router(the above one or other similar) to the machine with Ethernet cable , connect the PC/Laptop to the router over Wlan and FTP the programs to the machine.
Is this possible? What is it called? Bridge? I did a search over the internet but got a bit over confused of what would be the best solution.
If there is a better solution please advise.
Kind regards
Valter

Back