What's new
What's new

Castrol 9954 coolant

Karl,

I run 9954 in my machines at home. I prefer it to Blaser blasocut 20 to be honest.
In machines with open waylube systems that run back to sump, I find the 9954 does a much better job of rejecting the tramp oil.
Also, less staining between steel and aluminum.
Paying almost $400 for a 5 gallon pail of the 9954, which is much more than the Blaser... but that pail lasts me nearly 6 months between 5 machines that see a total of 60 hrs a week.

Thanks for the reply. One guy told me he thought I might get a sticky surface buildup on the table, vice, etc. And then need to wash it off. have you seen that?

I looked up the MSDS, it says nothing about storing it below freezing temps. I see you live up north also. have you tried to store it in a cold outside building? I ask because I lost a five gallon pail of hangsterfers this way.

Yep, even with giving half of it to my machinist son, should last me a lifetime. No more worries about running it thin to stretch it out, no more keeping it too long and having a stink sump.

Youll get the sticky crap from pretty much any coolant if you leave puddles sit to dry.
On my manual machines, i blow dry\wipe when done. In the cnc mills, part of the spindle\axis warm up program also acts as a machine wash down.

If find it much less gooey than the blaser product, personally. Just a thin tacky film.
I wouldnt store it where it freezes. Any coolant for that matter. Freezing can do some strange things to the additive packages in the coolant.

Back