What's new
What's new

My Christmas wish

BOSTON

Stainless
Seasons Greeting,

My Christmas wish…..

The Hanover School Systems purchase a CNC Milling Machine for their Industrial Arts Department at the High School.

http://hanoverschools.org/highschool/

The machine was bought from Tormach LLC. I happen to be an independent Consultant for this company.
http://www.tormach.com/consultants.html

The School is in need of many items (everything) to support this machine.
I have agreed to donate my time to the School.

The School Committee has authorize me to request tax deductable donations on their behalf. All donation will be shipped from source to school (invoice forwarded to their business manager)

I was wondering if your company may be of any help with this project and my Christmas wish......

I have a group of kids that are going to build a robot....Sounds like fun to me

Happy Holidays
Mike Murray
Lakeside Design of Mass.
781-264-1005
[email protected]

Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 8:47 PM
To: 'Lakeside Design of Mass.'
Cc: *******
Subject: RE: *******

Mike
Thanks again for all your help.
Joanne

Joanne McDonough
Business Manager
Hanover Schools
188 Broadway
Hanover, MA 02339
Phone: 781-878-0786
Fax: 781-871-3374

The information contained in this electronic communication is intended to be sent only to the stated recipient and may contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the intended recipient's agent, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender at 781-878-0786 and delete all copies.
N.B. The Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that Email is a public record.

Last edited:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 5:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Robots

Hi Mike,
A friend of mine from the Media Lab's Personal Robotics Group passed your request for a robot on to me. I have a company called Nublabs, and one of our products is logobot, a small, low-cost robot that's intended to teach students principles of programming, electrical engineering and robotics. There's a brief blurb about it on our website at http://nublabs.org/projects/
A little more on the robot--it's about 6"x6", and it runs a programming language called logo. It has a pen, which it can pick up
and down, and an optical mouse sensor to keep track of its position.
You program it to run around on a piece of paper with a marker and draw things. The robot can be controlled by making graphical programs scratch (http://scratch.mit.edu/), an excellent learn-to- program environment developed at MIT's media lab and free for download. It can also be controlled in real-time by a java-based program, or completely reprogrammed using the popular c-based microcontroller environment Arduino. The entire robot--mechanical blueprints, circuit board design, robot code and computer code is open source, and we actually want it to be hacked, reprogrammed, tinkered with, etc.
We can offer the robot in three different ways--it can come fully assembled and tested, as a kit with the circuit board assembled but requiring mechanical assembly, or completely unassembled, requiring soldering (all thru-hole) and mechanical assembly. Having worked with this robot in schools, I recommend getting the kit with the assembled circuit board but unassembled mechanical components, unless you really want to dive into soldering with your students. The circuit board isn't technically hard to solder, but it it's done incorrectly (components put in backwards, not soldering some leads,
etc), it can be challenging to debug and fix. The robot is in Beta
right now, and so we're offering it with no markup--the price is $110 for a completely unassembled kit, $130 for a kit with an assembled and tested circuit board, and $150 for a fully assembled and tested 'bot. We'd love it if you'd get a robot, use it with your kids and give us feedback on it.
I'm happy to talk to you more about it. I'd also be happy to come in and work with students at your school--I teach robotics programs in high schools and genuinely enjoy it. Let me know how I can get involved.

--alex
919.609.****

Dave thanks...now back to the song...

When you wish upon a star.... makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires.....

Ox old boy, thanks for the link...But I perfer the original version from the .....Jiminy Cricket band.....

iminy may be small, but he's far from your average cricket. He can turn an umbrella into a parachute and looks great in a top hat and spats, and he carries a mean tune,

Now back to the song...

When you wish upon a star... makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires... will come..to.. you

Last edited:
it is “ALL” for the kids anyways... and it is "Christmas"….

Time for me to maybe go fishing for some other thing for the school…I wonder where I might find some other stuff. I need about 16 new monitors (flat screen 17"-19"). I think I may have a lead on this one...

Here is the rest of the story and song....

iminy may be small, but he's far from your average cricket. He can turn an umbrella into a parachute and looks great in a top hat and spats, and he carries a mean tune, as well as a nearly inexhaustible supply of home-brewed common sense. It's no wonder he is chosen by the Blue Fairy to be Pinocchio's "official" conscience. Unfortunately for Jiminy, it's only after he blushingly agrees to his appointment as "Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path," that he realizes what a job he's gotten himself into. Like any conscience, Jiminy is occasionally late on the job, and frequently ignored even when he is around. Fortunately, Jiminy is nothing if not persistent, and he eventually succeeds in steering Pinocchio back to the right path.

http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/characters/jiminy/jiminy.html

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/wishstar.htm
http://solosong.net/wish.html

Merry Christmas to all and a Safe New Year…..
Thank-you
Mike
Eagle Scout
NESA

Last edited:
Before Walt selected Jiminy Cricket as the character's name, the phrase was used as an exclamation denoting surprise or bewilderment. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the phrase has been around since 1848. In "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," made over two years before "Pinocchio," the dwarfs exclaim, "Jiminy Crickets!" when they return to their cottage and find the lights on....

“Ladies and Gentlemen… of the… Internet”….
“Could I have your Attention… Please” ….
At this time…..
I’m going to place my…” Top Hat”…
In my…” Right Hand”…
And…
“Sharply… positions it like a…"Robot"… behind my back within… +/- .001 GDT” …
And…”BOW” …
To the…” CROWD”…
In Total…” AMAZEMENT”…
At your…”KIND”….

Excuse me for a moment….

“OH NO”….
Johnny Jr. ..STOP…Running around with that… End Mil… in your hands… PUT IT DOWN…Before you cut yourself…. I’m going to have to keep my eye on …”That little Dwarf”…

As I was saying…
Thru your “Overwhelming Kind Generosity”… The Hanover High School has…”Benefited Eminencely”…

Oh MY GOD……
What do you think you’re doing….Siobhan… “GET DOWN FROM THERE”… That is a machine table… Not a stage… if you want to dance around… go out in the hallway…you just can’t let…”Some Dwarfs”…. near a machine….

To continue with…My speech…

The school will now be able to show many…” Dwarfs”… the basic of cad/cam programming and cnc machining….

Just a moment again…

Owen… William is only looking out for you… When he told you to put on your safety glasses…. So… “Please”…”Stop yelling at him”… Brothers …You know how…”They”… can be at times ….

Now where was I… Oh Yes…

The school can now do some simple machining and artwork. We are going to be showing the… “Dwarfs”… some basic machine tool practices….

OH NO…This can’t happen…

Erin... you need to take that silly looking…” Multiple Fluorescent Colored, L.E.D. Embedded, and Sound Activated Flowered Hat”… with the…”Heads Up display… mounted in a flip down… Laser Sited Eyepiece”… and…”The Propeller on top”…”OFF”…. “Before you can run the machine”…. “A spiral forms when drilling and it could grab that…” Ridiculous looking hat”… and pull your…” Long Rapunzel like beautiful hair”… into the…” Spindle”… “So you need to places a rubber band around your… Long waive locks of hair”….”First”…

I lost my train of thought …Humm….OH…I know…

For some of the more gifted…” Dwarf”… We want to teach the basic of Computer Program, Electrical Engineering and Robotics…So we are going to ….

I don’t belief this…

“Allison… can’t you wait till we form the team”…”You have already made your Robot”… and it is so advanced… that we have decided that…”You can’t stay in High School any more”…. “You are going straight to… M.I.T.’s Media Labs Personal Robotics Group”… “WITH OUT YOUR DINNER”…There is always …one smart @$$ …in any…”Tribe of 7 Dwarfs”…

I personally would like to…”Thank”… all the…”People and Companies”… (That has or will be named later) for your many gift-wrap boxes… with all the… “Ribbons and Bows”… That have been sent to the school…”For all of the… “Dwarfs”… to play with”…
Oh you should see this…
I have to go and grab my…” Brownie”… and snap a photo of this…
It’s…”Little lacy”…
She looks so…”Cute”… rolling around in the…”Bubble and Peanut packing”…
We just can’t wait for her to talk….
With all your…” kindness”… I think many… “Dwarfs”… for years to come… will be searching on the… “Internet”… to find out how…This all started….

“Many Thanks to You All”…
And….
“Merry Christmas to All”…
And…
“To All…A Good Night”…
From …”Just a Machinist….Who made a Christmas Wish…. Upon a Star”…

Copy writes 12.23.2008 no reproduction without written permission from Lakeside Design of Massachusetts

Last edited:
"Welcome back my freinds to the show that never ends. We're so glad you kood attend. Come inside - come inside."

???

"Welcome to the Grand Illussion. Come on in and see what's hap'nin'.
Pay the price - gitcher ticket for the show..."

????

"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes makes you small. And the ones that Mother gives you don't doo enything a'tall."

????

Am I git'n close? :confused:

------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox…”You Big Old Smelly Farm Critter”…..

You of all the domesticated and undomesticated animals...

Knows better than all other…

That you can’t Sooo and harvest your fields…

Before the..."OX".... plows the fields…

You Know that it takes more than one pass…

Before you can plant the seeds…

Also you know...

That there is a very good chance of...

"Stepping"...

in some…

...“Bull$hit”…

Along the Way…

Norm and I have tipped a few back at..."Cheers"...in the past...

You should stop by for a..."Cold One"...with us some day....

Cheers now has..."Sam Adams"...on tap...

it is a tastie little..."Brew"...

We just love to hear..." Sam"... talk about his..."Escapades"...

Ever..."Cents"..."Sam"...

Traded his..."VET"...

For a few..."Escapades"...

Of course most of..."Sams"...

"Escapades"...

Involved..."Sam Adams"...

and other of his drinking buddies...

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to all....

40 years ago last night...

the..." World"...

Saw itself for the first time from space...

Apollo 8 brought the world together.....

We need to do that again...

Back