What's new
What's new

Siemens 810T (lathe) Tapping Question

micro

Stainless
Do any of you with Siemens 810T controlled lathes have ridged tapping? Do you code it with G36 or is there an L9x canned cycle? I guess this is a question for EMCO guys cause that's what I'm doing this on and different manufacturers implemented the Siemens 810 differently. However I'd be interested in non EMCO implementation too.

How do you code a tapping operation on your Siemens controlled lathe, and what does the g code look like for your machine (ridged or non)?

Thanks

Although this isn't a direct answer, the hardinge machines used the same control. On a hardinge you use a releasing tapping holder and program the infeed as the tap pitch. There are many examples in this forum.

That's the way I've been doing it, but I have a piece in front of me that calls for a tap that is bigger than I have a holder for. This machine is might have ridged tapping and if it does I'd like to modify my CAM post to use it. Then I could use this .75-16 tap in an ER32 holder. I need to know what that cycle looks like though.

Most Siemens canned cycles can be altered by the user to suit the application.There is a download that explains the the 810 cannned cycles on their site somewhere.Not the easiest site in the world to get around but worth persevering.I might have it as a pdf but you would need a big mailbox and to be honest have got a bit fed up trying to email stuff to guys with a 5mb limit who then shout at me when it doesn`t work.

Back