What's new
What's new

Chick OneLok Vise?

StreetSpeed

Hot Rolled
Dudes,

Anyone use one of these? I'm trying to figure out if works like I think/want it to work. What I want is to just pop a cam on the side of the vise, and have the thing clamp the smack out of my parts, then pop it again and have it open back up. Point is I want to eliminate having to twist a handle all the time in the occasions when I'm doing larger runs of parts (which appears to be more often these days). Plus I have 600 little parts I need to do individually coming up (a large number for us) and that would mean a lot of twisting of a handle. SO, does anyone know if that's what the Chick OneLok does? I thought that it did but then I look on their website and see that it comes with a handle!! If it does need a handle then I guess I'm missing the point of the whole thing. Can anyone educate me?

It's just a normal vise that has features that are supposed to make it a super duper CNC vise.

Those levers on the side just allow you to adjust it through it's travel quickly, instead of cranking the handle through 8 inches. It also serves as the interface between the moving jaw and the clamping mechanism, so that chips don't pile up in the screw like a Kurt vise missing the chip guard.

A Kurt or Toolex hydraulic double lock vise could be a pretty slick setup if the parts you're making require billions of opening/closing per day.

hydralock-double-station.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhh poopie. I was afraid you might say that. Yeah I didn't want to go with an air or hydraulic setup as I wanted something quick and dirty that could be moved in and out in a moment and setup and ready to go lickity split. Do you know if anyone makes anything like what I'm talking about?

yes, I bought two of them and I can tell you these are the best vises I have ever used. They have great clamping power and are very fast and accurate. Their only downfall is the fact they cannot be used on their sides but they are such a pleasure to use you wont even care. And this is coming from the owner of allmatic vises.

We have a couple like you want on some drill presses, but I have no clue who made them. My bet is someone in Germany. Knob on the shaft pushes the movable jaw to the part, then a lever tightens/locks it. Quick, easy, works well. But the names on them are long gone.

I have a couple of those air vices Sami linked,they work good for what I use em for.
Footpetal operated, mine are,not cheap.ebay was my friend,gotem like new surplus or sumthin.
I make softjaws to suit.
Gw

Back