What's new
What's new

Chip Conveyor Dead - 1997 Takisawa TW-30, Fanuc 21T

b-rad

Plastic
This one has me stumped.. trying to get the chip conveyor working on my new-to-me 1997 Takisawa TW-30 with a Fanuc 21T control. She's an old dog, but has some life left I hope.

Basically I plug the chip conveyor into the back of the m/c and tried hitting the auto/forward/reverse buttons in all modes (mdi, mem, handle, etc) nothing happens. I put a multi-meter on AC volts and stuck the probes in some different pins on the military style 4-pin connector, zip, nada!

I took a panel off the m/c and followed the cable from the 4-pin connector to the electrical cabinet, it connects to a relay/contactor/timer thingy.. labled KM20(Z20KM) above it and FR20 below it. I pushed the reset button, feels the same as the others, don't think its tripped.

I don't have any wiring diagrams or good documentation with the machine, the manuals are very basic, nothing about chip conveyor anywhere.

I'm wondering if its possible someone has turned off the "keep relay" in the pmc parameters? like.. if they wanted to run the m/c without the conveyor, it might give you an alarm so you'd have to turn the whole thing off? How do I turn it back on is the question?.. Which K number in the pmc would it be? There is only K00 thru K19, and which bit would I change from a 1 to a 0 or what not? I called Takisawa USA, no answer lol, I doubt they'd be super helpful anyways since its old as the hills.

I tooks some pictures of the ladder, anything that mentioned the conveyor, looks like gibberish to me, no mention of K#.

Maybe if someone here has a similar m/c with a chip conveyor they could take a pic of their pmc-param, keeprly page for me!? Or if anyone has any other ideas!? Maybe its a regualar parameter? Or some sequence I need to press the buttons.. :crazy:

Your " relay/contactor/timer thingy.. labled KM20(Z20KM) " needs to be pulled in by an output from the I/O. If you go to PMC status page you may be able to highlight the Y bits one at a time and see a man readable description. At that point you need to look at the ladder for the line with the conveyor on Y bit at the left end of the line. The items to the right of that Y bit are the conditions needed to make it go. Kind of tough with no documentation.

Ok that's helpful.. you're right, if I hold the contactor button in, the conveyor starts moving.. and the contactor on the right makes it go reverse.. so at least I know its a control side issue.

So here's a pic of my pmc status page.. I dont see anything labled Y that I can highlight?

Your ladder shows that it needs XCH... AND CHPILK (whatever that is) to be on for the conveyor to run. The XCH... will be the the switch on the panel. The thing holding you up is CHPILK..... need to find out what that is. Could be the door switch.

Well there is a door interlock, not on the door, but unbolted and hidden below with the key in it.. so as far as the m/c knows, the door is closed all the time. The spindle runs, programs run, coolant works, everything else functions.

I don't see any kind of other keyed mechanism or trip switch anywhere on the m/c.. cant even fathom why there would be a conveyor interlock? Anyone else have any ideas?

Go into the ladder and search for the interlock. There should be some inputs that make it go high.. if they are X..... they are physical inputs. If they are anything else, then you have to chase those down one at a time and see what they are. The X... inputs should be found in the electrical prints.

try holding the door open button and pull the key out. leg go of the button then re- insert the key.
machine may want to see the door referenced.

Back