What's new
What's new

Cinci Arrow chip conveyors

ARB

Titanium
Out of curiosity has anyone seen chip conveyors on the smaller Cinci Arrow machines like the 500 or 750?

Way back when we bought ours we foolishly did not buy conveyors with them. They have always been a pain to clean out. But I don't recall ever seeing one set-up with conveyors...

The dual tanks make it an expensive proposition to add conveyors as I would think you would need two of them..

The chip trays on the Arrow line are perhaps the worst design I have ever seen on a VMC way over engineered. Someone got carried away with them selves on this one and needlessly added 2 or 3 grand to the cost of the machine. I have two 750's and they are a big pain in the ass. Good luck with finding one and if you do it's probably over done as well and will need to be hung from the ceiling or something. I love my FADAL 4020 two sheet metal panels lift out of the ends and your done with it.

We have a Jorgensen drag type conveyor on the Arrow 1000.
It works very nice.

I assume it would fit under the Sabre 500 sitting next to it.. The enclosure outlets are the same.

The only pain about any of it is the area behind the table, and then under the table.
But, that has nothing to do with the conveyor.

I have NO idea what the comment about two tanks is referring to... ?

I have an arrow 750 with the slide out trays, an arrow 500 with slide out trays ( parts machine ) and an arrow 750 with a jorgensen conveyor. Its a factory conveyor but the 750 has no augers to bring the chips forward like my 1500 and 1250. It is basically does away with the tube for a full length front tank and trays slide the chips to the front.

Interesting... It sounds like the machines with conveyors were configured a little different for chip management.

We are moving the 500 over to production soon and I have been taking some steps to make it more friendly for them.. So I naturally thought about what a pain in the ass the chip removal is. None of the operators can seem to remember to latch the little flap up so when they pull the tray out it dumps chips into the tank. Then they can't get the chip pan back in all the way..

My 500 Sabre has one long tank under the machine, there is a roll out screen above that for the chips.
Not Great, but not too bad...

The Arrow 1000 has one conveyor under the machine, it looks like it would go right under the Sabre.

That two tank thing doesn't sound good, nor that talk about flaps(?)

One long tank, or conveyor is real simple....

Go to the Jorgensen website, they have some surplus conveyors listed.
Not too much $ .

We recently bought a surplus conveyor from them, and welded up a tank and a couple of panels to adapt it to one of the Robodrills...
A Drag Conveyor... 100X nicer than the slat conveyor from LNS/Turbo we have on another Robodrill.

On each side of the machine sits a coolant tank. These are connected together bu a large six inch Dia. flexible hose to allow coolant to pass from one side to the other. The chip trays are on rollers and slide out from the side. Inside the machine on each side are hinged sheet metal panels that prevent chips from going into the tanks. These panels are held in place by a red sliding clip. If the clip is not in place properly the panels can fall down when the tray is pulled out, dumping you chips into the tanks. They stink and Ive never seen such a wast of money in my life. The trays are on rollers and nothing works right after a few years of chips and crap getting into everything. One more reason these machines never took off for Cinci. But I got two machines tooled up very nicely for almost as much as they cost to move them. I have paid about 5 grand on repairs in the past five years and made a lot of money with them. Ive got bigger things to complain about today. Let's make some chips boys !

Ron

Back