Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SeymourDumore is offline Diamond

Hansdie

The G12/13 is a Yasnac style circular pocket milling canned cycle. The DIN equivalent maybe different, but it's a Yasnac holdover.

As for the angle and distance, you still ain't gonna get away without calculating the circle center. Distance and angle is not enough info!

TimH is offline Hot Rolled

The machine still neds to know where the center point is, Heidenhain or not!
    As for center point programming, we all do it. Center point, off-part 0 point, whatever.
    I still think you're a little unsure how to use the work coords. Feel free to post a question.
    I haven't able to post here for some reason anyway this is what I tried to post last night:

On the Heidenhain I just defined CC ( circle center) then program Circular Path then define Polar Radius & Polar Angle.

You're right SeymoreDunmore I'm not very comfortable with the coordinate sytem....Yet. I'm sloooooowly getting the hang of it. I programed the Heidenhain (conversational)for the last 20 some years so this g-code stuff is all new to me.

And todays repies:

With the Circle center, you gave the I and K equivalent in G-code. Now all you need to do is use the endpoints instead of the polar angle and you're there.
    I figured that out this morning thanks

I'll get the hang of this g-code stuff yet

Hansdie is offline Hot Rolled

As for the angle and distance, you still ain't gonna get away without calculating the circle center. Distance and angle is not enough info!
    Unless it's a polar line! We all know that when programming a polar arc you need the circle center location. Maybe your control can't perform polar arcs, in that case it probably can't handle variables or helical milling.

SeymourDumore is offline Diamond

Hans

You're comparing apples to oranges here.
    Polar coordinates for lines are fine, since for a distance and angle, there is one and only one solution. Meaning that a 1" line at a 45 deg angle will put you exactly X.707 Y.707 from the current location.
    Tim wanted polar arcs by defining radius and included arc angle. That OTOH has infinite solutions, unless the arc center is known!

Now what does helical milling and polar coords have to do with one another?
    G02 X1. Y1. Z-.5 R1. is a helical motion, yet no polar coordinates are defined anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12