What's new
What's new

Citizen L16 with AMR bar feeder

cushdaddy

Plastic
I am working on an older Citizen L16 with an AMR bar feeder. We have 2 of the same bar feeders and have done some trouble shooting. The clutch on the bar feeder will not engage. We have swapped all of the relays and still nothing. We swapped in different PLC's and same think. We swapped different relay output boards from the PLC and same thing. Then we swapped the two different machines. We took the bar feeder input cable from the working machine and plugged it into the non working machine's output cable. The problem followed the machine not the bar feeder. I have a book, more of a pamphlet, for the bar feeder. I am wondering what input from the lathe would cause the clutch to not engage.

Thanks,
John

I am working on an older Citizen L16 with an AMR bar feeder. We have 2 of the same bar feeders and have done some trouble shooting. The clutch on the bar feeder will not engage. We have swapped all of the relays and still nothing. We swapped in different PLC's and same think. We swapped different relay output boards from the PLC and same thing. Then we swapped the two different machines. We took the bar feeder input cable from the working machine and plugged it into the non working machine's output cable. The problem followed the machine not the bar feeder. I have a book, more of a pamphlet, for the bar feeder. I am wondering what input from the lathe would cause the clutch to not engage.

Thanks,
John

Check and see if the relay BFTC is working on the I/F board. This outputs to pin 222 which should go to the bar loader when the chuck is open/closed.

Back