What's new

CMS/Upgrade technologies Fagor CNC

• Thread starter fausto
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 14,156
F

fausto

Does anybody out there need help with one of theese products?

Upgrade technologies Acuslide / Rock Solid slide, this is a 2 and 3 axis retrofit on a hardinge chuker with a Fagor 8025 CNC.

Upgrade Technologies/ CMS; GT27, GT16 theese are complete lathes with a Fagor CNC 8025 or 8050, the footprint is aprox 5x3' colors are white and gray.
If you are interested in selling one or would like to get it fixed lets talk.

Well I used to be real good with'em,yes I could probably remember how to set'em up for indexing , I used to be their service eng. did it for 4.5 years, used to be real good fixn their mistakes, God, they made a lotof'm, a lot of people(customers&vendors) werent treated right and it all cought up withem,it was Upgrade Technologies when I joined then the name changed to Comact Mfg Sistems(CMS) they turned out a nice combination of equipment some of it very inovative and nice But for the most part the execution was poor, their nich in the market cought the eye of somebody and they were sold.
there is the story, parts? I have some used in ggod shape, what do you need?
were are you located?
gota company name?
maibe we've met.

i have an accuslide system pulled off of a feeler toolroom lathe. it is mostly there minus the servo motors and i think i let the riser block slip away with the lathe but i may be able to track it down.

the linear ways look like new and i have all the stainless steel guards, motor encoder, belts,all cables and the 8025tg fagor control.

i plan on keeping the control and cables for repair parts but if a decent offer comes up i may let it go. it works perfectly with one exception. the z axis plug on the controler is worn out and it was causing an encoder feedback problem and making the servo run away. easy cheap fix though.

unlike my running machine this slide fits a narrow bed machine that is part of the reason i am not keeping it.

i dont have an asking price but fair offers are welcome.

If you do come up with a price, contact me.
Translation= "If you get to the point of throwing it in the dumpster and want to sell it really really cheap instead, contact me"

it would definatly need to be shipped on a small pallet or boxed into a crate. for its footprint it is suprisingly heavy. I have had a lot of different plans for it but i just moved a torq-cut 22 in to my garage shop and space is at a premium wuth all my other machines so it needs to go soon.

QB, true enough...I should have included the seller translation too...maybe we can coax these two 'vaguespeaks' together somehow ;)

Mlbz420.......

If you 'don't have' an asking price, clue me in
what a 'fair offer' on the slides, guards, etc., all
the mechanicals that you list minus the control might be....?

$250....?
$1000...?
$12,568..?

Or don't you really want to part with it despite
your statement that 'it needs to go soon' ?

fausto:
Do you have any slide assemblies similar to what
Mlbz420 describes? Narrow or wide dovetail ?
Several years ago, I spoke to a tech on the phone at CMS. He told me there were about '8 or 9' 8025 controls that sat on a shelf in 'non working' condition. Do you have any idea where they ended up and might they still be available?

Thanks

dan k

i didnt give a price because i havent put much thought into it yet. im attempting to see if there is intrest enough to make it worth my time to clean it and take pictures.

im sure anyone here interested knows what an xy table with linear ways and ballscrews is worth. My first thought was to put it on ebay but i figured i would offer it here first.

if someone is looking to just pick it up because it was "cheap" than they can wait a week or two and ill provide the link to the auction and they can try there luck there.

but for those who need this table to put together a lathe or build some project, then they know what there budget is and know what it would be worth to them. so making an offer wouldnt be to difficult

as for the control, well the same guy that would offer a hundred bucks for it would be the one trying to charge me 2 grand for it when i need to replace the one on my working machine. thats why i said it would have to be a pretty decent offer on the control for me to let it go

Here is a scan of an original brochure that i have untile i can get to the atual slide to get pictures.

accu.jpg

i also have a binder full of info including complete installation instructions of an entire retrofit, part drawings, mfg specs of all the components, exploded assemply diagrams,electrical schematics, programming manuals, everything down to the original invoice and accessory price list.

and can any one identify this slide?

shop028.jpg

its the one on my running machine and it is completly different from any other accuslde i have seen. its bigger, the ball screws are bigger, the servo's are direct drive not belt drive and also bigger. i havent found any others like it. in pictures or otherwise.

The folks that sell Lagun mills market a lathe like the one you have, just cant think of the companys name this second...Memory is the first to go...

Charles

your right i just looked at the lagun website and found one pretty close. im guessing lagun is buying there castings from whoever was making them as retrofits for hardinge lathes. thanks for helping me find a cheaper source for parts.

Glad this thread is going on now ... I've been looking at purchasing one of these machines (Upgrade Technologies Accuturn GT27) from a used dealer. The physical size and specs work well for me -- 2200lbs, 3'x5' footprint, and should work well for my low-volume parts -- aluminun max 4" dia x 3" length).

But cannot reach CMS. All I get is a voicemail box that is full. Is CMS out of business? How do I get support or parts if I purchase it? This machine has a Fagor control and will come with a 30-day warranty. What's a fair price on a machine like this?

Thanks,
-Neil.

But cannot reach CMS. All I get is a voicemail box that is full. Is CMS out of business? How do I get support or parts if I purchase it? This machine has a Fagor control and will come with a 30-day warranty. What's a fair price on a machine like this?

I believe that this is the current iteration of the machine. I think SNK has had it for about four or five years now. I don't know if they support the older machines but at the 2004 tool show I visited CMS to look at the lathe and they said they had sold the rights to SNK.

http://www.snkamerica.com/prodigy/prod/27.shtml/

Tim

Hello all

I have one GT-27 CMS (Fagor 8050), and I have problem battery was empty so all parameter and PLC file was lost. Could any body help me out
Thank you very much

Back