What's new
What's new

Cnc controller

Heinz2

Plastic
I own a SUPERMAX YCM-16VS which was run as a 3 AXIS CNC. It is in excellent condition with ball screws, servos with encoders on all 3 axis and the power supply cabinet. However the controller, which was a computer with special boards is missing. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get this machine running again without spending a lot of money?
HEINZ2

It depends on how you define "A lot of money", but I would look at AJAX- which is a full Centroid control, but a DIY version and less expensive.

Last edited:
You can go by two route on that one, buy a dedicated controller, or build your own, with mesa boards and software of your choosing.

Personally I like Linuxcnc for my hobby machine at home.
Linux is stable, and I wont like anything running my machines with windows in it.

Marko

I own a SUPERMAX YCM-16VS which was run as a 3 AXIS CNC. It is in excellent condition with ball screws, servos with encoders on all 3 axis and the power supply cabinet. However the controller, which was a computer with special boards is missing. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get this machine running again without spending a lot of money?
HEINZ2

I'm in the process of adding LinusCNC to a Hardinge CHNC, my advise would be to part out the mill, get as much as you can for the parts, then go out and buy a running mill.
Or buy an identical mill that's running, that may be in poor mechanical shape and swap the control.

HEINZ2

Centroid and put the grief behind you. Bob L

take a video of what you have and record all information you can about the machine as you know it. That will help member see what you have. What is the most money you want to spend? A "lot" to some means $300 and others $8000+

Back