What's new
What's new

CNC Programming (Help)

JamesNico

Plastic
Hello everyone,

My First post, so I hope I'm doing everything correctly.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer (Apprentice) and I'm just coming to the end of my apprenticeship.
At my Work we use Mainly Citizen machinery, which operates Fanuc as far as I'm aware.

I'm looking for some guidance from you guys if possible!
Could you point me in the right direction to learning to CNC code at home?
Some good books which I can purchase? or some good websites? or email me some info if possible?

I can obviously practice at work but I'm hoping to learn most of the coding freehand, so I understand everything the machine is undertaking.

Really appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys!
James

Email: [email protected]

Good luck, learn as much as you can.
To start, go to youtube, put in my name: Heinz Putz, you will get a 2 hour DVD that teaches many skills and examples to learn Fanuc CNC lathe and mill programming.
It will also lead to my website with many more detailed examples.
I had my apprenticeship in Germany and I have been selfemployed here in the USA teaching CNC for many years.
Good luck: Heinz at doccnc

Hey James,

Another great learning source is Peter Smid's book on CNC programming. Well written and in a way that someone new or even those that have been around awhile can learn from. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply Heinz and 13engines.

I have just started watching part 1 of your cnc part making video Heinz, very informative and very easily explained. I look forward to watching more. Thank you for sharing the information.

I will look into downloading or buying the cnc book too when I get chance.

Once again thanks guys.

Back