What's new
What's new

Anilam 4200T offline program question

Cjay

Aluminum
Is anyone running the Amilam 4200T offline program under Windows XP? My problem is when I am in the program editor or shape module the program will hang after several minutes of inactivity. This is just about where the screen saver would kick in on the CNC control so I believe that is what is hanging the program. The screen saver does work correctly from the main display however. I have tried just about every campatablity mode and program run option. I have also tried to submit a technical support issue on-line to Anilam but have not heard back from them.

I've got the 6000M offline software and after upgrading PC's have the same problems. It will sometimes just lock up. I tried everything and couldn't get it to work. Post back if you find a fix!

i have anilam s1400 offline, dos based, no "exit" on the program. watching thisw thread closely, software will not boot in any compatibility in xp. let us know. thanks

I have that control. Just cant get the built in cad/cam to work ON the control at all. Never mind off. Anilam has been no help at all.

What is this offline software?

It is essentially the program that runs on the control except that it runs on your PC. Obviously it has no servo interfaces on your PC to drive but it does have the same file structure on your PC hard drive so you can use the program editor, conversational programming tools and shape editor to create, test and save the program on your PC which you can then transfer to your control via floppy, USB, com or whatever. This is much more convenient than doing it at the CNC. It is also a good way to learn and explore the features of the program in the comfort of your living room while sipping your favorite scotch.

How did you learn the control? I find it very user unfriendly. The manual is horrible, and Anilam is pretty non supportive. The outside sales guy was supposed to come by 7 months ago

How did you learn the control? I find it very user unfriendly. The manual is horrible, and Anilam is pretty non supportive. The outside sales guy was supposed to come by 7 months ago

I started with this training guide:

http://www.anilam.com/Uploads/File/Training Presentation PDF Files/4200T_Training_2.pdf

and have been hacking around from there as best I could. This training guide is most useful if you have the offline software this thread is about running on a PC so you can work through the exercises at a desk.

I fear there is still much trial and error ahead however. Just the other day every time I tried to run a job I got an error message about the spindle speed being out of range even though it was not. No matter what I did nothing would make it go away. Even powering the control off and back on. Grasping at straws I cut the power to the whole machine via the main disconnect switch then powered back up and that fixed the problem.

Did you buy the machine new?

I have been woefully dissapointed in the control, and even worse anilams complete inability (and worse unwillingess) to help.

I called about the training course they offer. repeatedly. They dont call back.

I Called about the regional guy stopping by. The first one didnt know the control. The new one has been saying he would come by for 7 months. He is lousy about returning phone calls. Does not return emails at all. And it turns out he has been in the area but didnt have time to stop in.

And if you call NY to talk to someone only one guy knows the turning control. And he is always on the phone with everyone else.

They did help a lot (over the phone) when the machine died. So have to give them credit.

They are making all the signs of a zombie co. Dead but just dont know it.

I have the quick guide. It leaves out a lot of steps and doesnt say why you are doing things. Just that you should do them

Where did you get the software?

Did you buy the machine new?

Where did you get the software?

Yes the machine is new. The software came with it. It was a quasi-government buy so it went through procurement channels beyond my comprehension. All I know is that some mom-n-pop company is the go between, installer and main line of support for the machine.

Just talked to anilam about the software. Even though I boughtthe machine new, and have been used as tech support by KBC tools when other people had their machine break down, they want me to cough up extra cash for it.

No word yet on how much.

A little bit of information on the Anilam 3000M Offline software

Spope14,

To exit the software, you need to be in the MANUAL mode screen, then press F10-EXIT, then ESC and it will close.

I had an Anilam 1000M control on a Seiki XL 3 Axis CNC Mill and used the Anilam 3000M offline software and it worked fine in Windows XP. I can't remember but I may have changed the compatibility mode per the instructions below.

Once it is installed, it might lock up after running for a few minutes. If it does, use the TASK MANAGER to end the application, then right click the Anilam 3000M icon on the desktop, go to PROPERTIES, select the COMPATIBILITY tab, and set it to run in WIN 95 or WIN 98 compatibility mode. Try all different compatibility modes until it does not lock up while running.

When you do get it running, you use ALT + S in place of the START key on the CNC, and ALT + H for HOLD.

To exit the software, you need to be in the MANUAL mode screen, then press F10-EXIT, then ESC and it will close.

There is a section in the 3000M manual you have that has a full listing of offline keyboard equivalent keys.

I have some information on the Anilam 1100M control if anyone here needs it. I have sold both of the mills I had but kept the information in case someone here on the forum needs it.

John

Last edited:
Spope14,

I had an Anilam 1000M control on a Seiki XL 3 Axis CNC Mill and used the Anilam 3000M offline software and it worked fine in Windows XP. I can't remember but I may have changed the compatibility mode per the instructions below.

Once it is installed, it might lock up after running for a few minutes. If it does, use the TASK MANAGER to end the application, then right click the Anilam 3000M icon on the desktop, go to PROPERTIES, select the COMPATIBILITY tab, and set it to run in WIN 95 or WIN 98 compatibility mode. Try all different compatibility modes until it does not lock up while running.

When you do get it running, you use ALT + S in place of the START key on the CNC, and ALT + H for HOLD.

There is a section in the 3000M manual you have that has a full listing of offline keyboard equivalent keys.

I have some information on the Anilam 1100M control if anyone here needs it. I have sold both of the mills I had but kept the information in case someone here on the forum needs it.

John

Thanks for this info. I have tried every compatibility mode. In Win95 mode it runs fine except when in the editor or shape module (where I need it the most) then it hangs after about 5 minutes every time.

This weekend I tested the 4200T offline software on windows 2000 and windows NT. It worked fine on both of them so this appears to be a windows XP (and probably newer OS releases) problem.

Today Jerry Bouvier (mentioned earlier in this thread) sent me something they call 4200T Offline DOSBOX. DOSBOX appears to be MSDOS emulation freeware that they have setup to run the 4200T offline software. I have tested this under windows XP and it runs fine.

If you need this software or more information you can contact Jerry Bouvier at the phone or email address supplied at the beginning of this thread by HelicopterJohn.

CJay

Off-line software

CJay,

Have you tried running the off-line software on a Vista operating computer yet? My 3000 off-line softwre would run on a XP operating system but not on a Vista computer. Just being curious and am wondering if anyone has had any luck running the software with a Vista operating computer (changing the properties has no effect).

CJay,

Have you tried running the off-line software on a Vista operating computer yet? My 3000 off-line softwre would run on a XP operating system but not on a Vista computer. Just being curious and am wondering if anyone has had any luck running the software with a Vista operating computer (changing the properties has no effect).

No I have not tried it on Vista. I don't have access to that OS.

I would give the DOSBOX fix a try if I were you (assuming it runs on vista). Shoot Jerry an email and ask him.

Jerry

Hi,

Yes, Jerry is the Man! I can't thank him enough for all the help he gave me with my old Analim 1100M controls.

Glad he was able to help you with your issue.

John

Definitely DOSBOX is the fix for XP and newer lock-ups.
To exit the offline software on your PC, usually is is SHIFT+F10 (exit), then ESC, and if it asks for the password, enter it, then ENTER, then the application dies.

Definitely DOSBOX is the fix for XP and newer lock-ups.
To exit the offline software on your PC, usually is is SHIFT+F10 (exit), then ESC, and if it asks for the password, enter it, then ENTER, then the application dies.

Good to see you on here! I spoke with you years ago when I got a Kent machine with a 6000M and you helped me with the software. Hope you stick around a bit!

Back