What's new
What's new

ycm supermax rebel 1 help needed urgently, can pay for help.

mugiwara

Plastic
hi, my name is lyle buonaccorsi. i recently hooked up a 1994 supermax rebel 1, serial number 4081082, with fanuc omc serial e94600235. the machine memory has been wiped due to batteries dying and falling out.

i have a parameter sheet from the factory, but i believe these parameters to be incorrect, as many of them cannot be set to what they show on the sheet. i have tried reset+delete wipe, edit key on/off, i have input the parameters probably ten times now, and have never gotten full functionality out of the machine. the most i have gotten is spindle control, and z and y axis control in handle mode only.

PLEASE help me, i would gladly pay for a parameter list/program list. i need 900 options from a working machine to cross reference with mine, diagnostic parameters, and macros/9000 programs to finish it up.

if anybody can help me, please help. im obviously a noob idiot who is in over his head, but please help me.
anything i can do to help as far as information/pics/video, i can provide at any time. i will be up again tonight trying to get it running, so i will be available online. please, any advice is welcomed.
thanks
lyle b

also, if someone can tell me how to mod an rs232 25pin male to male "straight through" cord to be useful for dnc, that would be killer.

Here is a link to an article on RS232 pinouts from B&B Electronics. Check their tecnical library for other information. Pinout and COM Port Summary Card
Good luck. My experience has been that these things follow a path from darkness to light and if you just keep working on it, you will prevail.

Michael

so, i got a nice new parameter list from ycm. there were significant differences from my original list. i performed a reset+cancel wipe, and input the new ones by hand. i now get 414 and 417 servo alarms on the x axis.
this is interesting because i moved the x axis ballscrew by hand when it was off. is there a way to reset this so the encoder knows where it is again?
i also got my rs232 wire hooked up, and got a "full handshake" adaptor. the machine flasshes output and lsk when i try to punch/send params in edit mode, but no data is actually being transferred. no idea about this. i set my parameters and settings on my dnc software (3 diff suites) to the same values, and i dont get an 086 alarm, or any alarms. just flashes output or lsk forever. i should note that with the handshake adaptor hooked up, i get the 086 alarm when i try to do any data transfer.
so, its now day 5 and my machine is still sitting here with a bunch of beautiful tools waiting eagerly to slice metal.
ANY help or advice would be appreciated GREATLY.

So, when I set parameter 19, it alters my diagnostic parameters, and the way they are displayed changes.they turn into groups of five.
Is there a certain order you have to enter parameters so that they keep their values?
Also I set my svsettings on my 414 & 417 alarmed x axis to match those of my y axis, and the 417 alarm went away. Is there a way to reset my x axis to get rid of the 414 alarm?
This is a fanuc omc.

diag param 720 reads 00100000, which fanuc lists in maintenance manual as OVC, excessive current. since this just popped up since i input new parameters, is this a software issue? excessive current sounds like a cabling issue, what can i test or fix to get this alarm off?

oh, and there is no alarm on the servo amp.
on spindle amp there is a green light on in the upper left corner, and two red steady lines. on servo amp there is one red steady line.
im soooo close to getting this machine up, i really need some guidance here.

Back