What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki JR Mill

moldprod

Plastic
We have recently purchased a Mori Seiki Junior Mill with a Fanuc 10M control. Upon starting up machine, I reference all axis to machine zero. I origin all axis there. I set a work zero @ G54. The program sends the spindle to XO, YO(G54), but the machine travels to machine zero & doesn't seem to pick up G54.

I have tried G53 and that picks the machine coordinate system. That didn't work with our mill. Thank you.

Maybe your program should look like this????

N10 G17 G40 G49 G80
N20 G91 G28 Z.0
N30 T23 (5/8 DRILL) M6
N40 G55
N50 G0 G90 X-14.8125 Y8.2677 S611 M3
N60 G43 Z.1 H23

I tried your program and that didn't work. I have the same issue. It still goes to machine zero. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

I did it according to the book. They are the distance from machine zero. I would like to call you and talk to you about this if you are available. Would this be okay?

I have a Victor VC4 which is the clone of your machine w/10M control.
I have been down this road and didn't solve it other than to use the following.
I use G54 as an = to machine zero. I don't use it or consider it a usable work coordinate.
I use G55/59 as work coordinates that can be anywhere on the table.
I've tried using G54 with many differant "solutions" and the machine ends up not knowing where to go home :mad:
So what I do to keep my machine happy is after I return w/G28 I enter a G54X0Y0Z0 and I don't have a problem.
Why?
I don't know and the guy who ran it before me didn't worry about it and dealt with it the same way.
A 20 year old machine is allowed to have quirks :D
Mike

Back