What's new
What's new

Conversational on dynapath. ...big time saver

NITROCHUCK

Aluminum
Exactly how the conversational programming makes short work of simple parts....made these before from bar stock on a manual mill and lathe.
If i had to estimate each one would take 4hrs minimum...cut, drill, bore, drill pattern, turn to clean...etc...
Made 4 in 4 hours today .... from 1" 6061.....doing other stuff in between parts... cnc in my home shop rocks.....20170205_161510.jpg
20170205_170404.jpg

Absolutely. The 1980s user interface takes a little getting used to, but I've been programming for about 30 years and I'm used to thinking this way. I've done almost all of my programming on my Journeyman 325 (with a Delta 20) at the control.

I'm just bitter that I paid $1600 for a VisualCAM license that I've gotten almost no use out of. Every time I use it, I get angry. It throws useless error messages and is the clunkiest CAM program I've ever used. Not that I've used a lot. But in 5-10 minutes of playing with Fusion 360 I was able to generate a working program for my machine without reading the instructions. It took me hours to get there with VisualCAM, even with the help files.

Back