What's new
What's new

Yasnac 2000B, clearing memory?

FP4NC_Finster

Cast Iron
I've scoured the high quality "Engrish" manual for this control but I'm unable to find how to clear the memory, except one line at a time. Is there a way to "Dump" the entire Program Memory? I vaguely remember something like Reset, Alter, Erase or perhaps Reset and Erase at the same time? Thanks in advance.

Mode switch on machine set to Edit
Control switch set to Com
Address switch on control set to N
Press Erase then Reset
Scroll down to verify memory is blank (no line numbers present when scrolling down in "N")
Been awhile since I did this. I may have omitted something by mistake.

Mode switch on machine set to Edit
Control switch set to Com
Address switch on control set to N
Press Erase then Reset
Scroll down to verify memory is blank (no line numbers present when scrolling down in "N")
Been awhile since I did this. I may have omitted something by mistake.

Thanks for the response, however, still no joy for me. It's a bitch doing it one line at a time, annoying, but I'm muddling along.

Also, be sure Label Skip is lit before pressing Erase. Scroll up to line 0001 then one more up to get Label Skip led light on. Display should then go blank (or read 0000) when Label Skip led is lit, I don't remember. You should be able to erase complete program. I am familiar with this old control having run a 2000B just 6 months ago. Let me know if this works.

Heh, thanks again, however, still no joy. I ran a buttload of Fanuc 5 machines in the '80s, I vaguely remember something like Erase, Cursor Down, Reset. The Yasnac manual is one of the really bad ones from the late '70s early '80s, so frustrating. Many thanks for your help though.

Back