What's new
What's new

coolant pump

pilgrimtt

Cast Iron
The coolant pump on my Haas VMC is making bad noises. A new one from Haas costs $500. Is there a more reasonable solution? Who carries this pump?

That's cheap.

Oh, Ox beat me to it...

Consider this, imagine cutting all your parts on your Haas dry. Think of the added cycle time, finish quality, tool wear, chip evac problems, etc, etc. I think the price of a coolant pump is way cheaper than the added costs otherwise.

JM2C... or 500 bucks ;)

See if you can cross referance the part number for it with something in Grainger, or another general supplier of contract equipment. I know you used to be able to do that with the cooling fans on a haas.

2 months ago I had the same problem.After looking online for a week decided to go with Haas.
Grainger has 3/4 HP pumps @ 230/460 V for $620.
Plus you would need to make new electrical hook-up since this thing runs on 120v.
No warranty on new pump thou, at least at my HFO in CT.Maybe because I replaced it myself.Haas service guy would charge at least $250 for labor and travel only.
New one works fine .Takes 5 minutes to change.
Unless you find something on ebay, which I couldn't at a time.
If you DO, please post the information here.I would love to have a spare.

What Hz253 said. There's no mystery to opening up a coolant pump, worst you could do is wreck it. Even a motor rewind shop might do it for you, for much less than $500 :D

I just hooked up my new pump from Grainger. With tax it was $273.65. It is 1/4 h.p. I matched it up exactly to what my old one was. It works great and the silence is deafening compared to the old one.

Back