What's new
What's new

Machine for landing gear

pirko

Aluminum
Dear Sirs,
Which turning machine is best for machining landing gear (Max Mueller is done 2002 year). Thank you very much. Regards libor

That WFl kicks butt. No doubt about it.

Did you guy catch the artical here about the waterjetting. Toward the bottom of the artical is a near net blank for a landing gear.
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/metalcutting-machining/why-not-start-waterjet-277978/

I would love to see real cash flow comparisons of the WFL vs a more conventional method using a near net shape and the latest "non-multi-tasking" machines over the life of a contract. I mean cash flows that capture everything, and not the internal type that cook the books to get a machine bought, but one that would include cutting tools, fixtures, programming time, floor space, you name it. You would still be looking at some high end 5th axis machines for the convetional method. I just think it would be interesting.

Sorry if this drifted off topic, I did stick to the landing gear.

my eyes! my eyes! ....look away ....my eyes!....I cant believe what I just saw in that vid....un !@#$%ing believable!....(im soooo underfunded :D)

Awesome video.:thumbup:

What's the reason for starting the thru coolant at about 1 dia deep? Seems like that could be hard on carbide.

I have no experience making parts of this magnitude but I always figured parts like that started off as a forging. However impressive the machine, this seems like an excessive waste of material & machining time unless this is a low production part no? What kind of quantity would you be looking at to consider forging profitable in a landing gear like that?

I have no experience making parts of this magnitude but I always figured parts like that started off as a forging. However impressive the machine, this seems like an excessive waste of material & machining time unless this is a low production part no? What kind of quantity would you be looking at to consider forging profitable in a landing gear like that?

Like something like this landing gear component.

30KCU-AR-TREN%20ATERRIZAJE-LUFTHANSA.jpg

Has everything to do with what part of the landing gear your need to make.

Back