What's new
What's new

Cosen c-260nc automatic band saw

gixxergary

Aluminum
Had a revelation in the last couple of weeks. Much like the frog in the boiling water problem, I realized, I have a substantial bottle neck in my saw department. Not much of a department, more like a simple saw at the end of my shop. Over the last 3 years, we have begun to machine ONLY stainless and tool steels. Cant remember the last time we had a piece of aluminum in the shop. Business is great right now, and we are booked for the next 2 months, with more work pouring in. Even though we mostly do jobs in the 2 to 10 pc range, we are cutting 5 to 8 inch diameter D2, M4 S7, M2 and so on. Needless to say, our little saw is NOT up for the task. Wearing out blades left and right, taking 10 minutes plus to cut a 4 inch round slug of m2, and derailing blades is common practice unfortunately. Just went to check out a Cosen c-260nc. I liked it, and we stand to save around 10 hours a week with going to an automatic. Maybe more. Its going to be overkill for what we do, but its time to get ahead of the game, instead of trying to keep up.

Any thoughts on this machine vs the nearly identical Amada? Its 6 grand less expensive. I checked them both out, side by side cutting, and I couldn't see an advantage either way. The cosen had a hydraulic blade tensioner, variable speed on the panel, and a mitsubishi control for programming multiple sizes and quantities.

We could part with the extra money if it would be worth it, any opinions???

Gary

We are looking at that same model and would like to hear some reviews if you went with it or decided on something else.

Both the Cosen and Amada in that size range are made in China* now so might as well go with the Cosen. Jet sells the same saw as well, so if Cosen goes kaput years from now you could get parts from Jet.

*Possibly by Zhejiang Weilishi.

I realize this is a couple of months old now, but just seen it for the first time. Sorry for the delay. Settled on the cosen c-260. The saw is great. No issues what so ever. Fast cuts, its quiet and saws straight thru all our tool steels. The variable blade speed adjuster on the counsel is really nice. We have found the sweet spot for our D2 A2 M2 and M4 materials. Using Lenox contester blades, and they are working flawlessly. Had some free amada blades from the dealer, and they were absolute junk. Not worth the time to change them out, even as free blades. The one issue we do have is we seem to chew thru the wire wheel that cleans the blade, fairly quickly. I would say 1 a month is where were at. 15 bucks for the wheel. Peanuts for the amount of sawing we do, but it is a cost. Just finished sawing a 11.0 diameter Finkle FX material. .01 taper from top to bottom thru 4 pcs. Not to shabby. When its time to move up in size down the road, Cosen would be my first choice. Things can change though, but as of right now, this saw has already paid for itself. Dealer thru in a 2 year warranty at no cost, nice little extra!.
Gary

We have had our C-260 for about a month (65 cut hours) and are well pleased overall with the saw. I'll have to agree that the blade delivered with the machine is crap, it broke a couple of days ago but it did hang in long enough for us to get in a batch of Lenox Classic 2-3 pitch blade for cutting AL.

Super easy to program with the touch screen, the only thing I would have like to have is somewhere to store job numbers but a quick scan through the stored cut lengths is easy enough. We cut mostly 6" rod and it's dead square and holds length within .005" so we have been able to reduce cut length and waste.

The only complaint is with the indeed table. I'm sure the holes for the rollers were punched and one of the middle ones is about .075" higher then the rest so we had to remove it to keep the material from rocking over that roller.

Jimmy, the gentleman who came to do the final install, inspection and training was very thorough and patient with the guys and answered all their questions. He came back the following morning to check in and stayed till noon in case anything came up that wasn't covered in training. He also recently called to see how everything was and if we had any questions or concerns which we didn't.

About the wire wheel, he did say that it doesn't need to be adjusted all the way into the gullies of the blade just deep enough to clean the blade. He also said that if you Google the part number it's a common wheel and can be purchased cheaper at most supply houses.

He did say that the parts and part numbers are interchangeable with Amanda saws so draw your on conclusion on where and who builds them.

Would any of the 260NC owners be willing to share what they paid for the saw? I see $22K listed on some websites but am curious about actual price paid.

Our C-260NC with a 6.5' indeed table, chip auger and double shuttle vises was $23,400 shipped. We had it shipped to our riggers location so they could deliver the saw and a SQT15M at the same time.

The saw came on a 10' x 10' pallet with all the accessories bolted to it and weighed in at 3600#. Our 2K electric fork lift (Rhonda) just wouldn't have been able to get it done.

Back