What's new
What's new

Countersinking 500 BHN Wear Plate

Hertz

Stainless
Hi guys. I have a lot of wear plates that we are constantly needing to countersink. Usually 11/16 and 13/16 holes. I have 2 tools right now for the manual drill press with a #4 taper. They works ok but the problem is there is only 1 insert on the tool, in turn forces the radial arm to the side. They have 11/16 and 13/16 respectively pilots at the bottom for locating. I was looking into getting a tool with 2 inserts but can't seem to find any. I had Company A and company B quote me prices to make one but of course they are ridiculously priced and I can't justify it. Do you guys know of a company that specializes in these types of tools that I can get a hold of? I am in Canada. Thanks.

If I understand , you want a 2 or more flute insert style countersink 82 degree with an 11/16 and 13/16 pilots and a #4 taper shank? I've never seen one that was not custom made, probably going to be pricey.

I've never been one to make something when I can just buy it from somebody else - but this sounds like a fairly straight forward do-it-yourselfer. Do you have a CNC mill and a manual indexer?

Yes I do however we are so freakin busy right now, I can't afford to take any time off the mill. I only have one. I am having another company taking a look. He said he might have a solution. Thanks anyways fellas.

we made some at ours shop custom made with some boring bar insert work realy well in Hardox 450 wear plate i can give you the insert shape if you need to not that hard to make and realy worth it.

Back