What's new
What's new

Siemens 810T programming question

gdgambler

Hot Rolled
When I try and load a program thru the rs-port on my chnc1 with a 810T controller I get a response back that the program isn't formatted correctly or something like that. Can someone write afew program lines from the beginning that they can load so I can see if my program is written correctly please.

So now in the future, if someone else has the same problem, they can read this thread and find the answer that they need.
Awesome!

A bit late but perhaps help to someone else.

Regards,

Bill

Siemens parameter settings
(Handshaking) = 0 (RTS/CTS)

(baud rate, parity, stop bits) 11110111 (9600, Even parity, 2 stop bits)

(Handshaking) = 0

#5013 (baud rate, parity, stop bits) 11110111 (9600, Even parity, 2 stop bits)

bit 5 = 1
bit 4 = 0

RTS Line = 1

Following are other settings for parameter #5011,#5013 above
Baud Rate Parameter value
1200 11110100
2400 11110101
4800 11110110
9600 11110111

PC Comms Software settings
Handshake Method = Hardware (RTS/CTS)
Baud Rate = 9600 (or to whatever the control parameter is set to)
Data bits = 7
Stop bits = 2
Parity Bit = Even

Cable Configuration for DB25 to DB9 connectors
Machine Side -------------------- PC Side

DB25 Male Connector ----------- DP 9 Female
1 --- Shield Trace ------------ Not Connected
2 --------------------------------- 2
3 --------------------------------- 3
7 --------------------------------- 5
5 --------------------------------- 7
4 --------------------------------- 8
|
8 All bridged
|

My problem wasn't with the bits and baud settings it was programming. If you read my plead for help you can see it was just a programming format error which I figured out. The machine would except three lines and that was it. I had to reformat the program and it worked then. Thanks angelw for taking the time to try and help me.

My problem wasn't with the bits and baud settings it was programming. If you read my plead for help you can see it was just a programming format error which I figured out. The machine would except three lines and that was it. I had to reformat the program and it worked then. Thanks angelw for taking the time to try and help me.
I suppose we all like to see the soultions to problems, if only for our future reference. I for one still don't know what you were doing wrong - care to share?

The simple fix, write a program on the control, then send it to the computer. He probably was missing the begin and end formatting tokens. My suggestion makes it easy to troubleshoot any control, since you are feeding it its own dog food.

If you really want to know how stupid I was, which I did't want to really say, I had all the program written in low case and the machine wouldn't except it. All my other cnc's will except low case letters.

If you really want to know how stupid I was, which I did't want to really say, I had all the program written in low case and the machine wouldn't except it. All my other cnc's will except low case letters.

Heck, I don,t really think that's so stupid. If all the other machines accept lower case, I would have expected this one to do it too.

Back