What's new
What's new

Daewoo/Doosan MX2000ST Spindle Unclamp Issue

nitrousmudbogger

Aluminum
Not sure where to post issues with Daewoo/Doosan Machines?

I have a Daewoo MX200ST that started with a huge rats nest of chips wrapped around the tool, did a tool change and dropped the next tool. Machinist stopped machine, cleaned chips out and tried to do a tool change. It will not.

The spindle is clamped and will not unclamp even if a m101 is called out. We have traced everything we know to the solenoid valve for clamping/unclamping. It is constantly powered up on the unclamp side yet spindle is still clamped. If we hit Estop or turn machine off hydraulic pressure goes away and then the spindle turns freely. If I unplug that side it stays locked, if I switch power over to the A side that is supposed to clamp nothing happens. I can hear the valve clicking when touched with power. We took the valve off, went through it and didnt see anything weird. Grabbed a power supply and touched power on each clamp and unclamp solenoids and you can see the valve moves back and forth

Called Doosan, no help yet. One guy said it was over our head and dont bother, get service guy to fly out for $1500/day. I would like to exhaust all my options first

Thanks

Is the tool changer arm in the home position? Make sure it is. Just to rule out anything with the arm forcing a clamp signal. I have a lot of experience with the tool changer and reseting it, but I have not experienced the spindle not clamping. Good luck and keep us informed.

The arm looks to be in position and like I said the solenoid valve is lite up on the unclamp side, and I can hear the valve moving when power is unhooked. So the comp is telling it to unclamp, its just not physically unclamping

If you can fire both clamp and unclamp manually, by changing the valve, your problem must be the cylinder that unclamps the drawbar, or the drawbar it self. Look inside of the spindle while someone changes the state of the valve, if nothing is moving you know where your trouble is. Is there no local dealer for the machine?

Any resolution to this? I work in the NJ office and know for a fact nobody here would have told you it was over our head and don't bother. We have a couple of techs that are very knowledgeable on the MX machines. The number above is valid and that guy will bend over backwards to help, but he is service. Service is happy to answer questions on the phone. No service tech "wants" to climb on a plane to fix an issue he can answer over the phone.

Paul Anderson
Doosan Machine Tools America

If this is still an issue, please contact me.
Darryl Hardt, Doosan Tech Support Center.
O 973-618-2461
C 973-803-9479
E [email protected]

To be honest, in the past 5 years, I have told a few users that "I can't help them."
For three different reasons:
1. They are being "unsafe" (I don't want anyone to get hurt.)
2. They are "asking for help while arguing with me." (debate is fine, telling me I'm wrong before trying it...you don't seem to want my help.)
3. Lastly, repairs require SOME basic knowledge, as electrical and/or mechanical. (I will go to the metaphorical "ends of the Earth" to teach you how to read/understand an electrical diagram...but I can't MAKE you understand it.)

Back