What's new
What's new

Daewoo/Doosan Pro Motion Turret Servo Drive Repair

pdexter1210

Aluminum
We've found the turret servo drive on one of our Puma 230MSB's to be failing and I'm trying to find a shop to repair the drive. I've contacted our Doosan service rep (Ellison) and they do not repair the drives. I've tried Precision Zone, who has repaired drives for me in the past, but they said they could not repair the drive. Does anyone know of a place that would properly repair and test this drive?

Pro Motion AC Servo Driver
Model DASD-CT15SPXD-05
P/N 300419-00034

Thanks in advance.

No chance that is correct. New replacement from Ellison quoted at $5,200. Anyone else have someone in mind who repairs these drives?

pelicancnc.com in Houston. 832-678-4808

The guy is pretty abrasive, but he knows his shit. Not sure if he will work on that brand of drive.

Quick search found 2 used drives on Fleabay for $250.00 each in Korea. Free shipping!!!

Y, we reached out to pelican. They want to come work on the drive on the machine because they have no way to test the drive. To me that implies he doesn’t know what he’s doing, but maybe I’m thinking about it wrong.

Saw the ones overseas, thanks.

......To me that implies he doesn’t know what he’s doing, but maybe I’m thinking about it wrong.

Yes, you are absolutely thinking about it wrong. That drive is an obscure item that apparently few folks have seen or repaired. They are doing you a favor by wanting to work on it at the machine. Without a test rig, they have no way to verify that they have fixed it. Want to ship the thing back and forth multiple times while they try a repair and you do the test???

We've found the turret servo drive on one of our Puma 230MSB's to be failing and I'm trying to find a shop to repair the drive. I've contacted our Doosan service rep (Ellison) and they do not repair the drives. I've tried Precision Zone, who has repaired drives for me in the past, but they said they could not repair the drive. Does anyone know of a place that would properly repair and test this drive?

Pro Motion AC Servo Driver
Model DASD-CT15SPXD-05
P/N 300419-00034

Thanks in advance.

PDexter1210,

We repair these servo drives at TIE Industrial Document Moved. Feel free to message me for more info!

They claim to be a servo end electronics repair company with over thirty years of experience. If that's legit, it's not "spam" as spam is typically defined.

Late, yes. But on topic.

They claim to be a servo end (sp) electronics repair company with over thirty years of experience. If that's legit, it's not "spam" as spam is typically defined.

Late, yes. But on topic.
Frog shit. Some one googles up something they service, first & only post and a 3 month dead thread. That's spam.

PDexter was last seen around here 24th January. Its only 77 days. Run that Servo Repair thing past us again.

So some prick has dredged this back up. Care to tell us who?????

Whilst he was all over the place, fairly certain the ensuring 3 months, might have covered it. Otherwise he'd be back here.??

Fucking Frauds.

Back