What's new
What's new

Daewoo Puma 230MSB Parts Catcher Issue

pdexter1210

Aluminum
We're trying to get a production run lined up on our Puma (Fanuc 18iT) and we're having trouble with the parts catcher. The machine (new to us, but older), originally had a catcher but PO had removed it long ago. We bought a new catcher and hooked it back up per the wiring diagram. We can MDI the catcher up and down with M10/M11 accordingly(its pneumatic), but the machine will alarm out after a period of time given either M code. When it is up, some time passes then it alarms, we hit reset and then we can give the M11 to lower. The alarm message code is No. 2039 (M10 or M11 Command Alarm, Check Solenoid valve, Position Switch and Operation Condition).

The proxy switch is wired as the book says (the light is on and its giving a signal to the control when catcher is in the retract position). There was no wire for a proxy switch in the catcher advanced position, nor does the wiring diagram call for one, but its almost as though the control is waiting for a signal that the catcher has advanced in order for it to proceed.

Any ideas on what could be holding things up when we give the M10 or M11? Thanks.

I looked at our Puma and I think you may need to turn on 2 keep relays, Look at the ones below, I think the 1st is when its up and the 2nd is when its down. Not sure on this I am a little out of my realm of knowledge.
*1760 K0013.1 KPCAD DO.KEEP
*1761 K0013.2 KPRT PARTS CATCHER RETURN KEEP

I don't know if this will be any help, but on my Okuma one of my solenoids likes to stick if I haven't used the parts catcher for a while. I'll get alarms just as you describe.

If I go behind the sheetmetal and hand actuate the solenoids a bunch of times that usually frees them up and everything works ok from there on out.

Ok, we were looking at those keep relays yesterday. K13.1 is a 0 and K13.2 is a 1. I'll see if I can figure out how to change 13.1 to a 1 and I'll report back. Thanks.

Thanks, everything parts catcher related is new, new catcher, new solenoid, new proxy switch, new pneumatic line, etc. It moves fine physically, I just think we have a control input/output/timer/etc. that's holding us up.

Just wanted to post back with the solution to our parts catcher issue. Turns out we are getting signal feedback through the catcher proxy switch, so even though the light was going out on the proxy switch, and it was dimming on the Input module (giving the impression that the input had changed), there was still some signal getting through and the control did not see the bit as changing. We'll probably have to run a new proxy switch wire, or possibly the input module is bad, but at least we've figured out the problem and can move on. Thanks for the replys.

Back