What's new
What's new

deactivating 4th axis (fanuc)

duginski2006

Plastic
I just purchaced a Kitamura MyCenter3 with a fanuc 11m control. It has a
4th axis (rotary indexer) and I would like to know what parameter I use to de activate it when I'm not using it. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You, Chuck

I think the actual parameters vary depending on the control. I will be working near a Supermax with a 0M control in the next few days. Will post the mods for that machine, it is changing a single bit, power down, unplug, power up.

When a "dummy" plug is used, it may be needed to jumper the E-stop string. And the position display is still on the screen.

Bill

I tried to answer this morning from my phone, but every time the screen changed I got a prompt to try out the mobile version of the site. :angry:Annoying, and the post didn't go through.

You need to set 2 parameters. Set 1005.7 to a 1 and leave it that way full-time. That makes param #12 valid or not.

When you're ready to remove the table:
1) push E-stop
2) set param 12.7 to a 1
3) power off
4) disconnect rotary wiring
5) power on; control should come on with "A" position no longer showing on CRT
The important parts are to connect or disconnect with the power off. Reboot the control after the param change, so the new value will take effect.

Setting #12 tells the CNC to ignore the lack of a valid feedback signal. Otherwise, you would get servo alarms. Note that both parameters are a bit-axis type. There is a bit for each axis of the CNC, so be certain to set the bit for the rotary (probably called A).

I'm trying to deactivate rotary table on fanuc 15-M
On my Okuma Howa Millac 55V
If there would be someone who would light up the topic would be great
Thanks in advance

The following process worked on our FANUC 18-M, (Takumi V15A) as well. However for some reason, i still need to leave the encoder cable from the 4th axis motor plugged in.

I tried to answer this morning from my phone, but every time the screen changed I got a prompt to try out the mobile version of the site. :angry:Annoying, and the post didn't go through.

You need to set 2 parameters. Set 1005.7 to a 1 and leave it that way full-time. That makes param #12 valid or not.

When you're ready to remove the table:
1) push E-stop
2) set param 12.7 to a 1
3) power off
4) disconnect rotary wiring
5) power on; control should come on with "A" position no longer showing on CRT
The important parts are to connect or disconnect with the power off. Reboot the control after the param change, so the new value will take effect.

Setting #12 tells the CNC to ignore the lack of a valid feedback signal. Otherwise, you would get servo alarms. Note that both parameters are a bit-axis type. There is a bit for each axis of the CNC, so be certain to set the bit for the rotary (probably called A).

Back